Laser Academy Training Kit – Standard
Available for both iOS and Android.
Standard Kit contains:
- Full Access code to Mantis Laser Academy ($99 value)
- Pink Rhino laser (select caliber)
- Complete set of 5″x7″ Laser Academy Smart Targets
- Complete set of 8″x11″ Laser Academy Smart Targets
- Mini tripod and smartphone holder
- Large tripod and smartphone holder
- Laser cartridge extraction stick
- Portable carrying case
Mantis Laser Academy
With guided drills and real-time feedback, Laser Academy allows you to have a training facility at home and at your convenience. Get quality reps with your own equipment and experience a higher level of dry fire training with positive results you can see and feel. Laser Academy’s variety of drill options also keep things fresh for shooters, making practice feel more like a game and less like a chore.
The Laser Academy system utilizes a laser training cartridge that drops into the chamber of your firearm, delivering a laser beam down the barrel every time the firing pin strikes the round. Using physical targets, these laser “shots” are read by your phone or tablet and scored accordingly, per mode. The simplicity of the setup is what provides the flexibility for when and where you can practice.
Upon purchase you’ll start with four training modes:
- Open Shooting – Single Target: Basic target shooting with scoring and the ability to store sessions to track your progress.
- Shot From Guard/Low Ready – One Shot: Starting from a prompt, this mode times your shot and tracks accuracy in single-shot sessions.
- Duel – Single Shot: You and a training partner compete to see who has the fastest draw and eagle eye.
- Bullseye – Five-shot: Untimed, no prompts, receive scores and splits from five shot rounds.
Laser Academy development will continue as well, with plans to offer more complimentary modes for owners, as well as paid add-ons.
Additional paid modes currently available in the app store:
- Open Shooting – Multiple Targets: Basic target shooting with multiple target scoring and the ability to store sessions to track your progress.
- Duel – Best of Five Series: First shot on targets wins a point in best out of five competition.
- Shot From Guard/Low Ready – Multi-Shot: Starting from a prompt, this mode measures your reaction time and tracks the accuracy of your shots.
- Bullseye – 10 Shots: Records scores and splits for 10-shot sessions. Untimed, unprompted.
The Laser Academy system is made up of the following:
- The mobile app, containing three training modes
- A laser training cartridge
- An adjustable tripod for your phone
- Physical targets (as well as the option to download more)
Notes regarding the laser cartridge: To prevent damage to the o-rings, a very thin coat of oil should be applied to each o-ring. Reapply as needed.
Not compatible with Ruger SR series or Hi Point pistols. Using this product with Hi Point pistols will result in damage to the sensor.