Colorful Snap Caps
$5.99 – $24.99
Brightly colored molded plastic training ammunition is perfect for dryfire practice and live-fire drills. The bright colors ensure that inert training cartridges are not confused for live rounds. Manufactured from advance polymer materials. Made in the USA. Available in 9mm and .223 in lime green, berry, teal, light orange, and dark orange.
$5 off 50-pack for Chapter Facilitators! #perks Automatically applied at checkout.
Please note: The 9mm rounds are not recommended for use with match grade barrels due to the tighter free bore dimensions. The snap caps work fine with any ‘standard’ barrel. Colors may vary.
Prepare your space every time you have a dry-fire session:
1. Make sure the gun is safely unloaded.
2. Remove all live ammunition from the practice area or room.
3. Ensure you have a safe direction to minimize potential injuries or property damage if a negligent discharge should occur. Create a safe direction by using a sandbag, shelf with books or magazines, a small Kevlar plate, or a ballistic material that can work as a safe direction. Place your target in the safe direction. Some people use a mirror to see themselves or a TV for moving targets.
4. Eliminate distractions as much as possible. You want to avoid practicing in the direction of interior rooms where other people may be. If you get a phone call or visitor to your space, STOP. Once the distraction is gone, return to Step 1. Using your safe direction, unload the gun. Check it twice to ensure that all ammunition has been ejected.
5. Once you have made the decision to stop the dry-fire session, STOP. Do not go back and do one more drill. Statistically, negligent discharges happen at the end of a dry-fire session. The distraction of cleaning up your area and transitioning dummy rounds with live ammo can get mixed up and before you know it, you shot the TV… or worse. Tom Givens of Rangemaster says to say out loud to yourself, “I’m done” and “The gun is now reloaded.”
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.