This month marks 10 years of A Girl & A Gun! We hosted a lot of events and welcomed a lot of new members. Here are the highlights:
A Girl & A Gun Celebrates 10 Years of Friendly and Certified Firearms Training
A Girl & A Gun Women’s Shooting League (AG & AG) celebrated ten years of success in the firearms community. February 28th marked the 10-year anniversary of the league’s first Girl’s Night Out at the Range. AG & AG was the industry’s first large-scale chapter-based women’s organization and currently hosts semiweekly training events at 224 ranges throughout the United States.
Since 2011, AG & AG has introduced thousands of women and families to the safe and proficient use and storage of firearms. Last year alone the league hosted more than 19,000 women at 1,881 training events. Its innovative Shooting Journal has sold more than 1,200 printed copies and 5,000 digital copies. The league currently has more than 6,500 card-carrying members throughout all 50 states, as well as thousands of guests who attend training and competitive events. Read more.
By AG & AG Founder Julianna Crowder: A handful of girls joined me at the range for Girl’s Night Out at the Range on February 28, 2011. We shot for a few hours and then we headed off to the local Mexican restaurant for dinner and conversation. Our sisterhood grew organically and within months my colleagues were talking about it. Robyn was with me in those early days as a member, and when she agreed to join me in partnership the magic really started to happen. We could not be two of the most opposite people, but that is what helped us flourish in this adventure. By September A Girl & A Gun became a membership organization and opened 3 chapters in Texas, and shortly after our 1-year anniversary we began opening chapters throughout the country! Read more.
16 More AG & AG Members Travel to GLOCK for Training
Another group of A Girl & A Gun members and Chapter Facilitators traveled to Smyrna, GA, for training at the GLOCK Professional facility. Participants took a one-day armorers class followed by two days of live-fire on the range with GLOCK instructors. This group of 16 brings the total to 75 certified GLOCK Armorers that have traveled with AG & AG to these all-women courses.
More Chapters and More Publicity!
Our new chapters are getting a lot of attention in their communities and we’re continuing to see exceptional growth. This photo is the from page of the Montgomery Herald in North Carolina. We love seeing these features!
By the Numbers
- In February 2021 A Girl & A Gun hosted over 222 events with more than 2,191 participants.
- We mailed 459 new membership packets from HQ.
- We opened 2 new chapters in February: Southern OH and North Brevard FL.
- Our smartphone app downloads grew to 6,351 registrations.
In the News
Here are some of the news stories that AG & AG appeared in this month:
The sister chapters of Henderson & Las Vegas were voted the best shooting club in Southern Nevada. Congrats to Eileen Kerlin and Alexandra Nikolov!
San Diego Facilitator Judi Wells appeared on the podcast Riding Shotgun with Charlie.
AG & AG was represented by Stephanie Schafer, Lauren Hartnett, and Robyn Sandoval at the 2021 Ambassador Academy at WOFT.
Robyn Sandoval was quoted in an NRA Women article on recoil management.
The Armed Society Podcast dedicated an entire episode to spotlight AG & AG with Robyn Sandoval, Eileen Kerlin, and Theresa Schneider.
Lehigh Valley Chapter Facilitator Sandra Zettlemoyer hosted a The 2nd Is For Everyone event.
Robyn Sandoval is a co-host of the Polite Society Podcast.
In February 2021, A Girl & A Gun published the following articles:
- A Girl & A Gun Celebrates 10 Years of Friendly and Certified Firearms Training
- Founder’s Statement: A Look Back
- Instructor Spotlight: Morgan Ballis
- Instructor Spotlight: Jon & Sarah Hauptman
- Instructor Spotlight: Michelle Cerino
- Instructor Spotlight: Brian & Shelley Hill
- Instructor Spotlight: Austin Proulx
- Instructor Spotlight: Russell Anthon
- Understanding Recoil
- Instructor Spotlight: Varg Freeborn
- Instructor Spotlight: Adam Winch
- Instructor Spotlight: Kayla Stomberg
- Instructor Spotlight: Jim Dexter
- Instructor Spotlight: Larry St. Clair
- Instructor Spotlight: Willie Parent
- Instructor Spotlight: Vicki Farnam
- Instructor Spotlight: Josh White
- Instructor Spotlight: Lou Ann Hamblin
- Instructor Spotlight: Tobin Babcock
- Instructor Spotlight: Tiffany Johnson
- Instructor Spotlight: John Murphy
- Instructor Spotlight: Beth Walker
About A Girl & A Gun
A Girl & A Gun (AG & AG) is a membership organization whose events are successful stepping stones for thousands of women entering the shooting community by fostering their love of shooting with caring and qualified instructors who coach them. AG & AG breaks barriers for women and girls in self-defense, and in pistol, rifle, and shotgun shooting sports by welcoming beginners to learn the basics of safe and accurate shooting and providing experienced shooters with advanced-level opportunities. The club has members in all 50 states and hosts recurring Girl’s Nights Out at more than 200 ranges throughout the United States.
For more information about A Girl & A Gun Women’s Shooting League, or to learn how to join, please visit AGirlandAGun.org. Follow AG & AG on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest for social media and corporate news.