Education * Recreation * Competition * Community
Join us in the beautiful Texas Hill Country for the EVENT OF THE YEAR! AG & AG has members around the country and this is your chance to gather with these exceptional women. Attend training sessions with top instructors, get motivated by speakers, and meet innovative vendors and sponsors. Come and join us for a weekend full of women shooters looking to do three simple things: LIVE, LOVE, SHOOT! Here are just some of the many topics covered:
- Competitive Shooting Sports
- Concealed Carry & Personal Defense
- Personal Safety Strategies
- Beginner to Advanced Courses
- Second Amendment Rights
- Live-Fire Instruction
- Simulated Training
- Hands-On “How To” Clinics
- Product Demonstrations
- Vendor Retail Village
Fee: $400 (includes 3.5 days of training sessions, lunches, bang-quet dinner, exclusive tshirt, prize valued between $50-1000, chance to win gun giveaways, range demo day, retail village demos, awesome swag, and more!).
Jr. shooters age 13 and up are welcome to participate. They must be registered in sessions with age-appropriate content and skill levels, and must be accompanied by a guardian at all times. If you are registering your Youth Member (age 13-17) to attend with you, email HQ for discount code.
See Cancellation and Refund Policy, below.
What You Can Expect
Training sessions include live-fire instruction at the range in pistol, rifle, & shotgun. Simulated training sessions cover everything from the basics of firearms safety and marksmanship as well as sessions to teach you how to effectively use gear and equipment for personal defense and/or shooting sports. PLUS, participants hear from speakers on relevant topics for women on education, recreation, and competition in today’s shooting world.
4/17/18: Facilitators' Training Sessions (Part 1)
4/18/18: Facilitators' Training Sessions (Part 2), Aerial Gunnery Sessions (optional), Early Bird Lecture Day (optional) - 6 extra sessions!
4/19/18: Registration Check-In/Gear Check, Range Demos, Retail Village, Bang-quet
4/20/18: Training Sessions
4/21/18: Training Sessions
4/22/18: Training Sessions, Farewell
The best part of conference was getting to know so many great people and learning so much information that would most likely take years to learn, all in a 4 day time span at a great location with so many nice people. Thanks Julianna and Robyn for everything you do to give us the best experiences of our lives!
For me, it’s the education, the building of confidence, and the appreciation of the AG&AG organization. I always return home with a greater appreciation of my facilitator and with a deeper pride of being part of the league.
THANK YOU is not enough for the staff that puts this all together! My love and respect for AG & AG is so strong. Events like this are so needed for us to continue to learn and grow in this sport and the quality of instruction that is put together is amazing. Job well done HQ for another year of greatness.
Being a first timer, I was so impressed with the organizational skill of the coordinators for this conference – everything – and I mean everything for me went off without a hitch – it was all so purrfect in every way. I learned so much, I enjoyed myself, I got to meet new women who shoot, and shoot for a purpose… it was just FANTASTIC!
I was blown away at the quality of instruction-maybe not everyone was a perfect instructor but overall it was really good. You just can’t beat that for the price.
I loved meeting you absolutely amazing gals, and the phenomenal instructors. Omg & AERIAL GUNNERY!!! Just everything was really great – but you gals and the instructors were the icing on the cake.
There is nowhere else on Earth where someone could get the caliber of training that I received. My head is still boggled. I don’t know how you guys manage to make conference better and better every year, but God Bless both of you for all your hard work!
The sisterhood…the compassion and understanding of everyone. The instruction is outstanding. This is an amazing event at an amazing price. Thank you!!
OH how can I even put it in words???? EVERYTHING WAS THE BEST! Truly not disappointed in anything. It was amazing, so much education. That old saying, “you don’t know what you don’t know until you know it” applied every step I took. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can come up with a BEST ~~~ I loved the demos, I love the camaraderie and meeting so, so many ladies, and I loved learning. Can we make it longer? LOL
No where will you get the training, exposure and trigger time for the money as you do at this conference. Just an outstanding job!!! Great selection of door prizes!! Can’t recommend this conference enough!! Being in Oklahoma, we have to figure out a way to get more of our gals committed to coming. Thank you both and your team for all you do. I heard so many positive comments about the whole experience. Gear Check!! Checking in!! Liked the meals & shirt included in the price!
This was my first AG & AG Conference, so I didn’t know what to expect. My local chapter had dissolved several months before conference, but I had such a great experience. Such a welcoming group, top notch instructors. Already looking forward to next year!
I can’t think of one BEST part of conference… this was one of the highlights of my life! Everything in all was outstanding! I was so amazed at the sisterhood and instant friendships. There was not one rude person in this group.
Our Annual AG & AG Training Conference is outside the quaint city of Burnet, TX, at Reveille Peak Ranch.
Participants have access to pistol/carbine bays, long-range high-power rifle, tactics room, shotgun fields, aerial gunnery course, and more! We also have classrooms and covered areas for lecture and demonstration training sessions.
All around you will enjoy breath-taking views of the Texas Hill Country.
Make your reservation at one of the Burnet County resorts >>.
- Canyon of the Eagles – (512) 334-2070 (Beautiful, 2nd best observatory in the Nation!) • 18 min (11.5 mi) to Range
- Log Country Cove – (512) 756-9132 (If your chapter rents a house, everyone saves BIG!) • 25 min (18.3 mi) to Range
- Painted Sky Inn – (512) 715-9896 email@example.com (Nicest people ever!) • 16 min (9.0 mi) to Range
- Big Chief Resort – 512-793-4746 firstname.lastname@example.org (Close and convenient!) • 12 min (7.4 mi) to Range
Speakers & Instructors
- Aaron Hayes is the owner of Hayes Custom Guns in addition to being an outdoorsman from Austin, Texas. He is a member of the Benelli 3-Gun Team and he enjoys teaching new shooters to enjoy the sport. When he’s away from the range, Aaron enjoys snowboarding and wake-surfing with his friends and family.
- Allison Launius, IDPA, began working for IDPA in 2011 and since then has also become a competitor and friendly face at matches. Her love for the sport has grown from a curious interest to a sport she truly loves and competes in as often as possible. Her official title is Advertising Coordinator but like all the IDPA employees wears many different hats including her passion for introducing IDPA to women around the country.
- Amy Dillon, CCWstyle, is a former Marine Corps Drill Instructor and Combat Marksmanship Instructor. In addition to her military certifications, Amy is certified as a Concealed Weapons Permit Instructor by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, State of Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification, and Georgia Carry Organization. She is also an NRA instructor and CRSO, as well as an instructor for the SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program.
- Annette Aysen, Team Smith & Wesson, is the First Lady of revolver shooting, capturing more titles in USPSA (8) and ICORE (8) revolver divisions than any other woman in history. Aside from her wheel guns skills, Annette is also a certified pistol instructor.
- Annette Evans, Race Street Range, started as a defensive shooter, became an instructor, then fell in love with competitive shooting. Her passion is the craft of marksmanship, which she pursues as a representative of King Shooters Supply, Grayguns, PHLster, and Brilliant Backstraps. She is also owner and operator of the Race Street Range near Philadelphia. And yes, she finally cleans and maintains her own guns. You can find more of her thoughts at her blog, Beauty Behind the Blast (www.blastingbeauty.com), and its accompanying Facebook page (www.facebook.com/blastingbeauty).
- April Strong, Holding Strong, is an NRA Instructor, NRA Training Counselor, and archery instructor. She has dedicated many years as a youth leader in Girl Scouts, 4-H, NRA, and the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation. She serves as the Cheyenne, WY, Facilitator and Regional Director for A Girl & A Gun Women’s Shooting League. April is also an IDPA competitor and Match Director.
- Brian Quick is a U.S. Army Veteran, who has been in law enforcement since 1999 and currently is assigned to Special Operations and is a full-time firearms instructor. Brian became a SWAT Team member in 2003 and has been part of planning and operating high-risk warrants as well as other special operations. He has completed advanced firearms instructor training with Surefire, Safariland Training Group, Thunder Ranch, Massad Ayoob, The Practical Shooting Academy, Trident Concepts, Haley Strategic, Robert Vogel, Ben Steger, Rob Letham and Texas Tactical Officers Association. He is a certified armor for GLOCK, AR15 platform from Weapon Systems Training Council and 1911 pistol.
- Caleb Causey, Lone Star Medics, is the owner and Director of Training for Lone Star Medics, a field and tactical medicine training company. He served as a U.S. Army Combat Medic with the 82nd Airborne and in the ER of the 212 MASH. He also experience as a civilian Firefighter/EMT as well as a tactical medic with rescue dive teams and SWAT teams.
- Caroline Couch, CZ-USA, is passionate about shooting sports and teaching others about them. She found her passion in shooting sports at Clemson University, where she was on the shotgun team. She has been a contracted Pro-Staff member with CZ-USA since April 2014 and works full-time to help with sales and events.
- Darryl Bolke, Hardwired Tactical, retired from law enforcement as a Sr. Corporal after 19.5 years due to injuries sustained during a violent on-duty confrontation. He was the lead firearms instructor and Armorer for the Special Weapons and Tactics Team, and the primary instructor for his agency as well as the fire department Bomb Squad and Arson investigators. He assisted on the investigations of over 75 officer-involved shootings and provided expert testimony in regards to firearms usage and police tactics in numerous court cases. He is also the Unconventional Weapons editor for Surefire’s Combat Tactics magazine and has published numerous articles on firearms, edged weapons, and related equipment. He has also authored numerous California P.O.S.T. certified classes.
- Dave Miller, CZ-USA, is the Shotgun Product Manager & Pro-Shooter for premium gun manufacturer CZ-USA. He has over 20 years of experience in the competitive shooting community and has lived to see the sport evolve into the world’s fastest growing shotgun sport. He is respected as one of the most knowledgeable individuals in the sporting clays community with a Master class title, and one of the best shooters in the United States. He is also the main star on the Outdoors TV show CZ-USA American Gun Dog TV. Dave recently accomplished setting a new Guinness World Record for the most sporting clays targets shot in 1 hour.
- David Maglio is a U.S. Marine Corps Veteran and retired Deputy Sheriff with 30 years of law enforcement experience. He is a Senior Staff Instructor for the Massad Ayoob Group, where he is certified to instruct in Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle, Handgun Retention, and Kubotan, and holds the quad Speed record set in 2004. He is also a Certified Firearms Instructor for the Wisconsin DOJ and the NRA. He is a Charter Life Member of IDPA, a State and Regional IDPA Champion, and one of a few 5-Gun Masters.
- Emily Taylor, U.S. Law Shield, received her J.D. from Vanderbilt University School of Law and later served as an Assistant District Attorney for Galveston County, Texas. She provides an insider’s perspective into the Texas criminal justice system, particularly into cases involving gun owners and claims of self-defense. Emily prides herself on providing attentive, aggressive criminal defense for clients in misdemeanor and felony cases. She believes the best defense requires an intimate understanding of the law, and since joining Walker & Byington, Emily has been a frequent lecturer and instructor to both law enforcement officials and civilians on firearms-carry laws and the use of force and deadly force. She is a frequent contributor to Fox news affiliates and other media outlets on issues of firearms law, and has been cited as an authority on firearms law in national publications.
- Heather Eckert, E4Defense, has been involved in Law Enforcement since 2010. She is a member of ILEETA, Texas DPS Level III Combined Instructor, Texas LTC Instructor, Licensed Personal Protection Officer, Level II and III Commissioned Security Officer, Licensed Private Investigator, Certified Force on Force Instructor and in addition, holds multiple Law Enforcement and Civilian Training Certifications.
- John Johnston, Ballistic Radio, is the owner of Citizens Defense Research and host of Ballistic Radio. He is a RangeMaster certified Advanced Handgun Instructor, VCQB Instructor, CQB instructor, and has logged over 1,200+ hours of private instruction with many of the top instructors in the industry. John also works as an industry consultant, helping to test and develop products for several large manufacturers. Additionally he contributes on a freelance basis to various industry publications, including Breach-Bang-Clear, American Shooting Journal, Bearing Arms, and others.
- John Kochan is the literal son of a nuclear family. His father was a USAF command pilot flying B-52s on nuclear alert. “We weren’t preppers; we just bought stuff in bulk, had a big pantry, and went camping a lot.” He earned his Emergency Care Attendant certification while a senior in high school and his Emergency Medical Technician shortly after graduation. He has been a Volunteer Firefighter / EMT / Industrial HazMat Technician in one form or another since 1980, recently retiring as Assistant Chief of his local VFD. He has also been an assistant instructor at KR Training teaching firearms safety and self-defense classes since 1997.
- Jordan Blake, Valkyrie Training, is a proud Veteran of 12 years’ service with the Army. Her accomplishments include 3 military tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan during which she drove heavy engineer convoys, operated as a machine gunner and team leader for a convoy security company, and ran a civil-military operation interacting with Afghan school children and their families. She was also a firearms and deployment skills instructor. Additionally, Jordan led Diplomatic Security teams out of the Embassies in Baghdad and Kabul on two more assignments overseas. Today she is an avid competitive shooter, firearms instructor, supporter of the 2nd Amendment, and champion for her fellow Veterans.
- Jordan Smothermon, Atomic Athlete, is a National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and has certifications from Athlete’s Performance. He is a Military Athlete certified coach and spent 3 years coaching and designing training programs for U.S. military members the world over, many preparing for selections and/or assessments of every kind. He has coached and instructed certifications for multiple Army and Air Force units. Additionally, he’s worked with multiple law enforcement units including DEA, U.S. Marshall’s, BORSTAR and BORTAC, and FBI. Jordan has had the privilege to work with multiple world-class endurance athletes and sports, including coaching one to a U.S. National Ski Mountaineering Championship, and another to a podium. He has coached world champion alpine skiers, professional ultra-runners, top-level professional mountain guides (Exum, JHMG), high-level sport and trad climbers.
- Josh Crosby, Virtual Tactical Academy, has 18 years in law enforcement training and hand to hand combat instruction in four different countries to military and law enforcement. He offers a unique curriculum that offers result-driven, reality based form of self-preservation.
- Julie Fredlund, Diversified Defense, is a certified NRA Pistol Instructor, CHL Instructor, NRA Range Safety Officer, an IDPA Safety Officer, and a certified Patriot Apache Knife Instructor. Julie served as A Girl & A Gun National Secretary as well as Austin-area Facilitator. She also has a strong background in Martial Arts including Tae Kwon Do, Modern Arnis (sticks/canes), HaganaH (Isreali reality-based self-defense fighting), and others. She is the co-owner and staff instructor of Diversified Defense.
- Karl Rehn, KR Training, has been a firearms instructor since 1991. He’s attended over 2000 hours of training from a diverse mix of the best tactical, competition, military and law enforcement instructors. He’s an IPSC Grand Master in Production and Carry Optics divisions, an NRA Training Counselor, NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, graduate of the Rangemaster Advanced Instructor course, and certified as an instructor by Texas DPS, Texas Commission on Law Enforcement and the Department of Homeland Security. He and
- Kelley Moore, See Your Possibilities, is a Courage and Performance Coach. Jack Canfield (one of the creators of Chicken Soup for the Soul) deemed her “America’s Courage Coach.” She is also a United States Marine Corps veteran, who served during the Gulf War. Kelley attends all AG & AG national events to arm members with the intel needed to recognize, understand and appreciate human behaviors, communication styles, and emotions, and to equip participants with Courageous Communication(c) strategies and tactics.
- Larry St. Clair, Martial Way, is the owner and lead instructor at Martial Way Academy. He is a competitor and instructor on a number of skills, including American Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Savate, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Bruce Lee’s Jeet Kune Do, and Filipino Martial Arts known as Kali, Escrima, and Arnis. Guro Larry also serves as an accountability coach and helps people set and achieve personal and fitness goals.
- Lynne Green is the Brand Manager of the Syren brand of Caesar Guerini. She is an avid sporting clays shooter, competitor, and instructor. She is also an avid photographer and has taken over 1 million pictures of people shooting sporting clays, although she also enjoys photographing outdoors, wildlife, hunting, and dogs.
- Melissa Gilliland competes in the Precision Rifle Series, finishing both 2015 and 2016 PRS seasons as one of the Top 3 Females. Her talents also include the firearms media as a writer, blogger, public speaker and television personality. In addition to working full time as the VP of Operations for Armageddon Gear and shooting PRS matches, she owns Shadow 6 Consulting with her husband, Jim Gilliland, offering marksmanship training with pistols, carbines and precision rifles. Melissa is a proud NRA Certified Firearms Instructor. Melissa is sponsored by G.A. Precision, Berger Bullets, Armageddon Gear and XGO. She is a Brand Ambassador for the Vista Outdoor brands Bushnell Tactical and Hoppe’s 9.
- Michelle Cerino, Cerino Training Group, aka Princess Gunslinger, is the managing and social media editor at Women’s Outdoor News. She also is the author of the column “Princess Gunslinger,” sponsored by Trijicon. A mother of 2 adult boys, Michelle has been right there beside them hunting youth deer seasons, plinking pop cans with .22s and being involved in Boy Scouts since 2004. Michelle is the president of Cerino Consulting and Training Group, LLC, a firearms training company she built with her husband Chris in 2011. When not working, Michelle enjoys shooting sporting clays and competes in prestigious shooting events, such as the Bianchi Cup in Missouri, and major 3-Gun matches nationwide.
- Chief Deputy Mike Pendley, HEX Tactical, has had the privilege of collaborating with multiple county, state, and federal task forces as well as the opportunity to serve as team leader on high-risk entry teams. After years of acting as the department Range Master and Training Coordinator, it was only natural that Mike’s passion for teaching law enforcement led to his founding of Hex Tactical Resources. Hex proudly provides training that is crucial to personal protection & survival for first responders, military, & civilians. Hex offers an engaging, ego-free training environment with an emphasis on safety & goal oriented performance improvement. Mike is dedicated to enhancing shooting skills as well as improving confidence in high pressure situations.
- Rick Staples, CZ-USA, has over 35 years’ experience as patrol officer and investigator with mid-sized Midwestern city with additional duties as firearms and tactical team instructor in multiple weapon systems. He served as precision rifleman and entry team member on the SWAT team and the Fugitive Apprehension Unit. He is a Chapman Academy Adjunct Instructor, Police Academy Instructor, and Thunder Ranch Adjunct Instructor.
- Ryan Hey is a US Army veteran, who served with three deployments to Iraq (OIF) as a Cavalry Scout conducting RSTA missions until he was medically retired. He also served as a Bradley Master Gunner and Small Arms Master Gunner establishing ranges for both small arms (rifle, pistol, Shotgun, CQB/MOUT) and combat fighting vehicles such as Tanks, Bradleys, Humvees, and MRAPs. He works for Magnetospeed LLC, maker of the barrel-mounted Ballistic Chronograph. He also competes in Precision Rifle matches representing Magnetospeed, TRIARC Systems, JAE, Fire 4 Effect Weapons Systems, Short Action Customs, Crux Suppressors, PRIME ammunition, Rifles Only, Sidewinder Industries, and Warrior Shoot Event Group.
- Sgt. Sal Armendariz, Texas Office of the Attorney General, is the statewide firearms instructor for the Office of the Texas Attorney General Law Enforcement Division. He retired from the El Paso Police Department after 20 years of service before joining the Texas Attorney General’s office three years ago. He has served in Patrol, Gang Task Force Officer, Detective, Special Teams member, and Supervisor. He is a Certified TCOLE Firearms instructor, Range Master, and Special Team member (SWAT and Bomb Squad).
- Tatiana Whitlock is a firearms instructor, hunter, fisher-woman, and outdoors enthusiast from the state of Maine. A lifelong interest in martial arts resulted in the introduction to firearms as a means of self and home protection. As a mother of two, Tatiana takes the safety of her family seriously. Tatiana is a NRA BPI, RSO and Refuse to Be a Victim instructor. She is a contributing author for industry publications and the NRA Women’s Network.
- Tennille Chedester, 3Gun Nation, began shooting competitively in the USPSA ranks for nearly 25 years. She primarily enjoys 3-Gun, but also participates in several other shooting disciplines. She is an NRA Certified Instructor as well as a Utah Concealed Carry Instructor. During the day, Tennille enjoys working with 3-Gun Nation as the General Manager.
- Tina Martin-Nims is a competitive shooter, instructor, 2nd Amendment advocate, Marine Corps wife, and mom to 3 children. She competes in 3 Gun, USPSA, IDPA, and Zombie Shooters Association matches. She is proudly sponsored by Red Stitch Targets, CK Arms, Defender Ammo, Tru-Spec, Tuff Products, High Speed Shooting Stabilizers, and Sportsman’s Lodge Shooting Range. She is a NC Certified Concealed Carry Instructor, Facilitator for the Jacksonville, NC AG & AG chapter, and national and state 2A advocate. As a published botanist, former ecologist for the State of Florida, and outdoorswoman, Tina has developed a passion for the flora and fauna of the outdoor world and the skills required to survive in all environments.
- Tracy Becker Thronburg, KR Training, is a staff instructor for the Massad Ayoob Group, a Rangemaster certified instructor, and an assistant instructor with KR Training. She is on the leadership team for the Austin chapter of A Girl and A Gun. Tracy holds firearms instructor certifications from the Massad Ayoob Group, the State of Texas, Rangemaster, and the NRA. Tracy enjoys shooting IDPA and is a member of the A Girl and A Gun IDPA and Team Bubba IDPA shooting teams.
- Vic Fredlund, Diversified Defense, is a veteran of the US Navy and involved in self-defense and personal protection for over 13 years, as an instructor in TaeKwonDo, Modern Arnis, Haganah, and Apache Patriot Knife System. He has trained extensively in unarmed defense, improvised weapons, and knife-fighting skills. In addition, Vic has trained with several industry leaders in firearms, such as Travis Haley, Tom Givens, Craig Douglas, and Garrett Machine, among others, and is an NRA Certified Pistol instructor, CHL Instructor, and Range Safety Officer. Vic is the co-owner and lead instructor of Diversified Defense, and offers a wide variety of instruction in skills ranging from basic self-defense and knife vs knife to CHL/LTC certification, active shooter scenarios and defensive shooting.
Thank you to the following supporters for providing funds and/or donations to make this event possible:
Diamond Plus Sponsor
Leadership Development Sponsor
Demos and Retail Village
- Smith & Wesson
- IWI US
- Quarter Circle 10
- Charter Arms
- Larry’s Thermal and Suppressors
- Silencer Co.
- Gun Tote’n Mamas
- U.S. Gun Totes
- Angel Armor
- Carbon Arms
- Shot Force Pro Targets
- Ranger Proof
- Silver State Apparel
- EAR Inc.
- Young Living Essential Oils
- Valkyrie Ink
- Damsel in Defense
- Can Can Concealment
- CCW Style
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Once a year we bring all of our members together in one location. Here is your chance to put your brand name in front of them, in our conference photos, and on merchandise that they take home. Learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities.
Cancellations and Refunds
Life happens and sometimes last-minute situations arise that can prevent an attendee from going to conference. Unfortunately we will be unable to provide refunds as time goes on and our vendors and service providers have been paid. Therefore, refunds will be given on the following scale:
6/1/17 – 10/31/17: 80%
11/1/17 – 1/31/18: 50%
1/1/18 – 3/31/18: 25%
After 3/31/2018, there will be no refunds for conference registration fees or conference-related items if you discover that you are unable to attend. Registrations may be transferred to another current AG & AG member, and we will be happy to try to help you find someone who may want to pay you for your spot.