National Conference • April 11-14, 2019
Join us in the beautiful Texas Hill Country for the EVENT OF THE YEAR! This is your chance to gather with more than 400 other AG & AG members from around the country! Attend training sessions with top instructors, get motivated by speakers, and meet innovative vendors and sponsors. Come and join us for a weekend full of women shooters looking to do three simple things: LIVE, LOVE, SHOOT! Here are just some of the many topics covered:
- Competitive Shooting Sports
- Concealed Carry & Personal Defense
- Personal Safety Strategies
- Beginner to Advanced Courses
- Second Amendment Rights
- Live-Fire Instruction
- Simulated Training
- Hands-On “How To” Clinics
- Product Demonstrations
- Vendor Retail Village
Fee: $400 (includes 3 days of training sessions, low student:instructor ratio, 3 on-site lunches, bang-quet dinner, exclusive tshirt, a chance to win a prize valued between $20-1000, chance to win sponsor guns, free range demo day, retail village demos, free ammo and gun rentals for certain sessions, awesome swag, and more!).
Jr. shooters age 13 and up are welcome to participate. They must be registered in sessions with age-appropriate content and skill levels, and must be accompanied by a guardian at all times. If you are registering your Youth Member (age 13-17) to attend with you, email HQ for discount code.
See Cancellation and Refund Policy, below.
What You Can Expect
Training sessions include live-fire instruction at the range in pistol, rifle, & shotgun. Simulated training sessions cover everything from the basics of firearms safety and marksmanship as well as sessions to teach you how to effectively use gear and equipment for personal defense and/or shooting sports. PLUS, participants hear from speakers on relevant topics for women on education, recreation, and competition in today’s shooting world.
4/8/19: Facilitators' Training Sessions (Part 1)
4/9/19: Facilitators' Training Sessions (Part 2)
4/10/19: Aerial Gunnery Sessions (optional), Early Bird Lecture Day (optional) - 6 extra sessions!
4/11/19: Registration Check-In/Gear Check, Range Demos, Retail Village
4/12/19: Training Sessions
4/13/19: Training Sessions
4/14/19: Bang-quet Luncheon, Training Sessions, Farewell
When planning for your travel days to the conference, feel free to add a day or two to enjoy the Texas Hill Country and to participate in some awesome bonus sessions, such as shooting from a helicopter! Sessions conclude on Sunday at 5pm, so make sure to book your flights as late in the day as possible so you don't miss out on a single moment.
The sisterhood…the compassion and understanding of everyone. The instruction is outstanding. This is an amazing event at an amazing price. Thank you!!
The best part of conference was getting to know so many great people and learning so much information that would most likely take years to learn, all in a 4 day time span at a great location with so many nice people. Thanks Julianna and Robyn for everything you do to give us the best experiences of our lives!
I loved meeting you absolutely amazing gals, and the phenomenal instructors. Omg & AERIAL GUNNERY!!! Just everything was really great – but you gals and the instructors were the icing on the cake.
I can’t think of one BEST part of conference… this was one of the highlights of my life! Everything in all was outstanding! I was so amazed at the sisterhood and instant friendships. There was not one rude person in this group.
THANK YOU is not enough for the staff that puts this all together! My love and respect for AG & AG is so strong. Events like this are so needed for us to continue to learn and grow in this sport and the quality of instruction that is put together is amazing. Job well done HQ for another year of greatness.
No where will you get the training, exposure and trigger time for the money as you do at this conference. Just an outstanding job!!! Great selection of door prizes!! Can’t recommend this conference enough!! Being in Oklahoma, we have to figure out a way to get more of our gals committed to coming. Thank you both and your team for all you do. I heard so many positive comments about the whole experience. Gear Check!! Checking in!! Liked the meals & shirt included in the price!
I was blown away at the quality of instruction-maybe not everyone was a perfect instructor but overall it was really good. You just can’t beat that for the price.
OH how can I even put it in words???? EVERYTHING WAS THE BEST! Truly not disappointed in anything. It was amazing, so much education. That old saying, “you don’t know what you don’t know until you know it” applied every step I took. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can come up with a BEST ~~~ I loved the demos, I love the camaraderie and meeting so, so many ladies, and I loved learning. Can we make it longer? LOL
There is nowhere else on Earth where someone could get the caliber of training that I received. My head is still boggled. I don’t know how you guys manage to make conference better and better every year, but God Bless both of you for all your hard work!
This was my first AG & AG Conference, so I didn’t know what to expect. My local chapter had dissolved several months before conference, but I had such a great experience. Such a welcoming group, top notch instructors. Already looking forward to next year!
For me, it’s the education, the building of confidence, and the appreciation of the AG&AG organization. I always return home with a greater appreciation of my facilitator and with a deeper pride of being part of the league.
Being a first timer, I was so impressed with the organizational skill of the coordinators for this conference – everything – and I mean everything for me went off without a hitch – it was all so purrfect in every way. I learned so much, I enjoyed myself, I got to meet new women who shoot, and shoot for a purpose… it was just FANTASTIC!
For the past 3 years AG & AG has provided training specifically for female law enforcement officers (LEOs) to provide them supplemental training for the work they do in our communities. Certain sessions at Conference will qualify for training credit for the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) and potentially out-of-state agencies, so that officers can receive training hours while on site at Conference. Training may include behavioral analysis, body language cues and pre-attack indicators, communication skills, team building, situational decision-making skills, and advanced firearms skills.
If you choose to register for this Conference Bonus Session, you will board a helicopter and engage targets throughout the venue. You will have access to military restricted arsenal of firearms, which includes AR-15 rifles with suppressors and Aimpoint/EoTech sights chambered in either 9mm or 5.56/.223 caliber. In other words, you will be shooting short-barreled, suppressed firearms typically restricted to use by only military personnel, from the same helicopter the military and nearly every SWAT team use. Bring a camera! Reservations taken through outside vendor.
Our Annual AG & AG Training Conference is outside the quaint city of Burnet, TX, at Reveille Peak Ranch.
Participants have access to pistol/carbine bays, long-range high-power rifle, tactics room, shotgun fields, aerial gunnery course, and more! We also have classrooms and covered areas for lecture and demonstration training sessions.
All around you will enjoy breath-taking views of the Texas Hill Country.
Make your reservation at one of the Burnet County resorts >>.
- Canyon of the Eagles – (512) 334-2070 (Beautiful, 2nd best observatory in the Nation!) • 18 min (11.5 mi) to Range
- Log Country Cove – (512) 756-9132 (If your chapter rents a house, everyone saves BIG!) • 25 min (18.3 mi) to Range
- Painted Sky Inn – (512) 715-9896 firstname.lastname@example.org (Nicest people ever!) • 16 min (9.0 mi) to Range
- Big Chief Resort – 512-793-4746 email@example.com (Close and convenient!) • 12 min (7.4 mi) to Range
2019 Speakers & Instructors
- Adam Wilson is a U.S. Army Sniper and senior NCO with multiple combat deployments, a background in reconnaissance and small unit operations. During his 18 years of military service he has held every MTOE slot in a Sniper section to include an assignment as the SEO/Sniper Section Leader for a forward deployed Infantry Battalion. Adam is a graduate of the Sniper Employment Leaders Course and the Army Marksmanship Unit’s Squad Designated Marksman and Rifle Instructor courses. He also holds NRA Pistol and Rifle Instructor certifications and serves as a product consultant for several defense and firearms industry companies.
- Andy Bell is the CEO of Range Proof, a veteran, father, grandfather, avid shooter, and instructor. He splits his time between working, teaching marksmanship courses, and finding his peace at a fire or a stream. Andy likes dogs more than people, thinks Lonesome Dove is the greatest movie ever made, and daydreams about being born in the Wild West.
- Austin Davis is a dynamic speaker, educator, and instructor. He is a former Texas Peace Officer with more than 25 years’ experience training law enforcement, corporations, and individuals in a variety of crime and crime prevention topics. He is the owner of Kangaroo Carry and founder of Virtual Tactical Academy. He is a Texas License to Carry Instructor, Director of Training and Education for Texas Concealed Handgun Association, and presented for U.S. Law Shield. With a background as a professional stand-up comedian, Austin brings humor to serious subjects.
- Brian Quick is returning to Conference to share his take on firearms training, which is based on real-world and competition failures and successes. Brian, a U.S. Army Veteran, is a full-time firearms instructor and SWAT law enforcement officer, who plans and operates high-risk warrants as well as other special operations. His desire is to guide you on a path to help you achieve your goals. Brian has a simple outlook on training and life: “Be Better Than Yesterday.” He believes you can achieve anything and never let anyone tell you, “you can’t.” Above all things Brian is a husband and father of two amazing boys.
- Caleb Causey is the owner and Director of Training for Lone Star Medics, a field and tactical medicine training company. He served as a U.S. Army Combat Medic with the 82nd Airborne and in the ER of the 212 MASH. He also experience as a civilian Firefighter/EMT as well as a tactical medic with rescue dive teams and SWAT teams.
- Darryl Bolke retired from law enforcement as a Sr. Corporal after 19.5 years due to injuries sustained during a violent on-duty confrontation. He was the lead firearms instructor and Armorer for the Special Weapons and Tactics Team, and the primary instructor for his agency as well as the fire department Bomb Squad and Arson investigators. He is also the Unconventional Weapons editor for Surefire’s Combat Tactics magazine and has published international numerous articles on firearms, edged weapons, and related equipment. He has also authored numerous California P.O.S.T. certified classes.
- “Super Dave” Harrington is the President of Combatspeed LLC, which is located in Tampa, Florida. Dave is a two-time retired senior weapons instructor from the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare School at Ft. Bragg, North Carolina. He has over 20 years of military experience, including the Army’s Special Forces.
- Dave Miller holds the Guinness World Record for The Most Sporting Clays Targets Shot in 1 hour. Dave smashed 3,653 clays – more than one per second for one hour straight! Dave is the Shotgun Product Manager & Pro-Shooter for premium gun manufacturer CZ-USA. He is respected as one of the most knowledgeable and skill shooters in the sporting clays & wingshooting community with a Master class title. He is also makes frequent appearances on CZ-USA’s Gun Dog TV and Scott Linden’s Wingshooting USA.
- Dianna Muller is a 2-time national 3-gun champion and F-1 Shooting Team Captain. She is a 22-year veteran of the Tulsa Police Department serving assignments in Narcotics, Gangs, Street Crimes, and Patrol. She is a CLEET law enforcement firearms instructor, a member of the NRA Law Enforcement committee, and a subcommittee member of the Department of Interior Hunting and Shooting Sports Conservation Council. Dianna is the Founder of The DC Project. She is the co-host of the Shooting Gallery on the Outdoor Channel.
- Dorcia Meador is the President of the Texas State Rifle Association, the first woman to hold the position. She is a retired Ft Worth police officer with 31 years of service at FWPD. The last 14 years she served as the department’s range master. Her expertise is called upon during the investigations of all officer-involved shootings, department weapon and equipment selection, and evaluation. Dorcia holds many state and national shooting titles to include the 5-time women’s NRA’s champion honors. She also holds 10 national records for policy pistol combat competitions.
- Emily Taylor is an attorney and frequent lecturer/instructor to both law enforcement officials and civilians on firearms-carry laws and the use of force and deadly force. She is a frequent contributor to Fox news affiliates and other media outlets on issues of firearms law, and has been cited as an authority on firearms law in national publications. She prides herself on providing attentive, aggressive criminal defense for clients in misdemeanor and felony cases. She provides an insider’s perspective into the Texas criminal justice system, particularly into cases involving gun owners and claims of self-defense.
- Heather Eckert is the owner of E4Defense, LLC, which provides firearms, DT, and mental preparedness training for law enforcement departments, private security companies, and civilians. Heather holds multiple certifications, including Master Firearms Instructor in Shotgun, Patrol Rifle, and Handgun; RBT/Force on Force; and Specialty Training Certifications. She is an active member of ILEETA, IALEFI® and IAWP, and is a Texas DPS PSB Level III Instructor.
- Janet Fife is an instructor and sales representatives for Surefire. She is an IDPA competitor and certified NRA Range Safety Officer. Her training includes defensive pistol and rifle, along with wilderness survival training and Active Shooter training with local Police and Fire. Janet is an avid hunter and licensed wildlife rescue volunteer. She has worked as volunteer for Honored American Veterans Afield, a shooting industry-supported veterans’ charity, for over ten years.
- Jeff Mau is a law enforcement veteran and CEO of Tenicor. His service included SWAT, including mission/tactical planning and leading tactical operations for high-risk law enforcement incidents. He transitioned to the private sector as a firearms instructor. His primary focus now is developing intelligently designed holsters to for law enforcement, military, and private citizens.
- John Kochan is an expert on emergency preparedness and response. He has served as Assistant Chief, Firefighter, EMT, Industrial HazMat Technician in one form or another since 1980. He has been an instructor at KR Training teaching firearms safety and self-defense classes since 1997, teaching everything from NRA basic classes to full-speed force-on-force role-playing scenarios, including preparedness classes, such as alternate lighting and power sources, and Chainsaw 101.
- Josh Crosby is the lead instructor for Texas Women’s Combat Systems, as well as a full-time LEO in Texas with over 18 years in law enforcement and 20 years as a women’s self-defense instructor. Josh holds TCOLE certifications as a police instructor, field training officer and firearms instructor. He has trained soldiers and police officers in 4 different countries in firearms, edged weapons and hand to hand combat.
- Detective Josh White is an Army Veteran, Texas Peace Officer, TCOLE Instructor, Firearms Instructor, Force on Force Instructor, DT Instructor, Double Brown belt in Shuri Ryu Karate, Blue belt in Tae Kwon Do. He is dedicated to paying forward the training he has received to his students whether its firearms, self-defense, or communication skills.
- Karl Rehn is the owner of KR Training, Central Texas’ oldest, largest firearms training academy, in our 28th year of operation. Trainer, range owner, instructor team leader, researcher and blogger. Graduate of more than 2500 hours of training from more than 50 different national and world level instructors. Grand Master in 4 USPSA divisions. NRA Training Counselor, NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, graduate of the Rangemaster Advanced Instructor course, and certified as an instructor by Texas DPS, Texas Commission on Law Enforcement and the Department of Homeland Security. Assisted by John Kochan.
- Larry St. Clair is the owner and lead instructor at Martial Way Legacy. He is a competitor and instructor on a number of skills, including American Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Savate, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Bruce Lee’s Jeet Kune Do, and Filipino Martial Arts known as Kali, Escrima, and Arnis. Guro Larry also serves as an accountability coach and helps people set and achieve personal and fitness goals. He facilitates the AG & AG Push-Up Challenge.
- LifeLite is a nonlethal projectile-launching tac light from the PepperBall of United Tactical Systems. Their instructor cadre travels throughout the U.S. teaching law enforcement, military, and civilian tactics in a variety of applications.
- Lou Ann Hamblin proudly served the law enforcement profession for 22 years. For the last 20 years Lou Ann has specialized in training female officers and is a certified firearms and defensive tactics instructor in a variety of disciplines. She is a Team One Network adjunct instructor, Master Pistol Instructor through H&K, and a certified armorer for a number of weapon systems. She serves on the Board of Directors for IALEFI. She holds a Master’s degree in Human Performance Technology and Instructional Design from the University of Michigan.
- Mandy Bachman is a pro shooter, and lone female, for the Wilson Combat Shooting Team. She works for IDPA and is one of the few females to make Master Class in IDPA. Mandy’s primary firearm is a Wilson Combat CQB Elite in 9mm.
- Michelle Cerino, aka Princess Gunslinger, is a sponsored competitive shooter and teaches alongside her husband Chris in their company, Cerino Consulting and Training Group. Michelle is a columnist and Managing and Social Media Editor of Women’s Outdoor News and freelance writer for a number of publications. Michelle encourages others to step out of the comforts of home and explore. For as Glinda, the Good Witch of the North once said, “You’ve always had the power … you just had to find it out for yourself.”
- Mike “Ox” Ochsner is a full-time firearms instructor who has co-created several firearms training products, including Dry Fire Training Cards. His training is used by current and former special operations personnel, as well as numerous Federal and local law enforcement instructors. Ox has a passion for neurology and accelerated learning and specializes in training techniques that deliver optimal performance in extreme stress situations, but take minimal time and money to master.
- Chief Deputy Mike Pendley has served with multiple county, state, and federal task forces as well as on high risk entry teams. He was his agency’s Range Master and Training Coordinator, and then founded Hex Tactical Solutions to provide training that is crucial to personal protection and survival for first responders, military, and civilians. Mike offers an engaging, ego-free training environment with an emphasis on safety and goal-oriented performance improvement. Mike is dedicated to enhancing shooting skills as well as improving confidence in high-pressure situations.
- Spencer Keepers is a nationally recognized firearms instructor and holster maker. He is one of only 11 Handgun Masters though Rangemaster, and Instructor through Will Andrews, OK Shooting Skills Advanced Instructor though John Farnam Defensive Training International, and NRA. Spencer is a graduate of some of the world’s best handgun, carbine, shotgun, force-on-force and hand-to-hand classes in the world. He has well over 1,500 hours of professional firearms training from the world’s best civilian, law enforcement, military, and competition shooters and instructors.
- Ryan Muller a full-time hunter and competitive shooter…the outdoors is not only what he does, but it is his way of life. An engineer by profession, Ryan is a lifetime member of the NRA, certified firearms instructor, and has competed on the 3-Gun Nation Pro Series circuit. Ryan has been featured on National TV shows such as ‘Shooting Gallery’, ‘Realtree’, The Sportsman’s Channel, Shooting USA, ‘MOJO Outdoors’, ‘The American Marksman’, and ‘The Big Gun: Season 2’.
- Stag Arms is a firearms manufacturer founded in May 2003 and located in New Britain, Connecticut. Stag Arms is a manufacturer of the AR-15 type rifle, marketed as Stag-15 rifles, as well as pistol-caliber carbines (PCCs).
- Steve Fisher is the owner/lead instructor for Sentinel Concepts and teaches firearms programs nationwide. He is an avid hunter and has a history in the outdoor/hunting television community as both a hunter and cameraman and a long history within the competitive shooting world. Steve currently serves as a reserve officer with an agency in the southern United States and as a firearms trainer for SWAT and patrol divisions.
- Tatiana Whitlock is the AG & AG Director of Training, a mother of two, nationally recognized firearms instructor, and SME writer for a variety of firearms related publications. She is a proud member of the NRA ad NRA New Energy program of the NRA Women’s Network and is a featured instructor on Trigger Time TV and Panteao Productions as well as being a member of Maine Hunters Pro-Staff. She is the Director of Training at Howell’s Gun Shop in Gray Maine, and COO of GAT Marketing. Tatiana offers training programs across the country for beginner and intermediate level students looking to build a foundation of skills for home and self-defense.
- Texas Office of the Attorney General (OAG) Law Enforcement Division firearms instructor’s training cadre have extensive experience in law enforcement, criminal investigations, firearms, tactics, and training. These instructors have had thousands of hours in various law enforcement training topics. Our training cadre are certified law enforcement instructors and firearms instructors recognized by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
- Tiffany Johnson is a practicing attorney and teaches courses in legal studies and writing at the University of Memphis. After years of fearing guns, she started taking classes and changed her views. She now blogs on the subjects of law, race, and modern (mis)perceptions on firearms. Tiffany is a certified firearms instructor for the State of Tennessee, the State of Mississippi, the NRA, and Rangemaster (Advanced Instructor Certification). Assisted by Aqil Qadir.
- Tina Martin is the owner of Shield Maiden Defense, Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor for the state of North Carolina, NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, and Facilitator for the AG & AG Jacksonville, NC chapter. A former scientist and wetland biologist, she is now an avid 3-gun and precision rifle competitor, part-time high school biology and chemistry teacher, and mother of three.
- Tracy Barnes is an Olympian in the sport of Biathlon (cross-country skiing & rifle marksmanship) and Founder/CEO of Check Outside. Tracy has 20 years of competitive shooting experience in both precision long gun and shooting with an elevated heart rate and under stress. She has over 10 years of experience as a competitive shooting instructor and has taught courses all over the country. Tracy has been competing on an international and world cup level in biathlon for over 15 years.
- Willie Parent is the Director of Training for GLOCK. Willie spent seventeen years on active duty in the Marine Corps with assignments in infantry, Force Recon, Special Operations and as an instructor in explosive breaching, CQB and Urban Sniping. He is also an accomplished competition shooter and continues to stay active in training the law enforcement community and instructor development as part of his role overseeing GSSF.
Thank you to the following supporters for providing funds and/or donations to make this event possible:
- Quarter Circle 10
- Stag Arms
- Troy Industries
- Steel Challenge
- Charter Arms
- Bond Arms
- ATN Corp
- U.S. and Texas LawShield
- Flashbang Holsters
- Gun Tote’n Mamas
- Kestrel Ballistics
- 5.11 Tactical
- Silver State Apparel
- Hell-Bent Holsters
- Doubleclick Holsters
- Ben Stoeger Pro Shop
- Packin’ Neat
- Range Allies Ear Protection
- Young Living Essential Oils
- Juice Plus
- SSP Eyewear
- See Your Possibilities
- AG & AG Store
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Once a year we bring all of our members together in one location. Here is your chance to put your brand name in front of them, in our conference photos, and on merchandise that they take home. Learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities.
Cancellations and Refunds
Life happens and sometimes last-minute situations arise that can prevent you from attending. Unfortunately we will be unable to provide refunds as time goes on and our vendors and service providers have been paid. Therefore, a $50 administrative fee will be charged for any cancellation. After 3/31/2019, there will be no refunds for match registration fees, clinics, or match-related items if you discover that you are unable to attend. Registrations may be transferred to another participant, and we will be happy to help you find someone who may want to pay you for your spot.