National Conference • April 30 – May 3, 2020
Join us in the beautiful Rocky Mountains for the EVENT OF THE YEAR! This is your chance to gather with more than 400 other AG & AG members from around the country! Attend training sessions with top instructors, get motivated by speakers, and meet innovative vendors and sponsors. Come and join us for a weekend full of women shooters looking to do three simple things: LIVE, LOVE, SHOOT! Here are just some of the many topics covered:
- Competitive Shooting Sports
- Concealed Carry & Personal Defense
- Personal Safety Strategies
- Beginner to Advanced Courses
- Second Amendment Rights
- Live-Fire Instruction
- Simulated Training
- Hands-On “How To” Clinics
- Product Demonstrations
- Vendor Retail Village
The $400 fee includes 3 days of training sessions, low student:instructor ratio, ammo and loaner guns for certain training sessions, a prize valued between $20-1000, a chance to win a gun (last year we gave away 50!), a day of demos to try sponsors’ latest lines, retail village shopping, 3 on-site lunches, bag with incredible swag, exclusive event tshirt, camaraderie with life-long friends (it’s more than shooting!), and more!
What You Can Expect
Training sessions include live-fire instruction at the range in pistol, rifle, & shotgun. Simulated training sessions cover everything from the basics of firearms safety and marksmanship as well as sessions to teach you how to effectively use gear and equipment for personal defense and/or shooting sports. PLUS, participants hear from speakers on relevant topics for women on education, recreation, and competition in today’s shooting world.
4/27/20: Leadership Development (Part 1)
4/28/20: Leadership Development (Part 2)
4/29/20: Early Bird Lecture Day (optional)
4/30/20: Registration Check-In/Gear Check, Range Demos, Retail Village
5/1/20: Training Sessions 1 & 2
5/2/20: Training Sessions 3 & 4
5/3/20: Training Sessions 5 & 6, Farewell
On Mon/Tues (May 4/5) attendees can attend Bonus Sessions, such Heli Gunner, a private lesson, or other excursion. Additional fees apply. Details will be published in the Catalog in February 2020.
I was blown away at the quality of instruction-maybe not everyone was a perfect instructor but overall it was really good. You just can’t beat that for the price.
THANK YOU is not enough for the staff that puts this all together! My love and respect for AG & AG is so strong. Events like this are so needed for us to continue to learn and grow in this sport and the quality of instruction that is put together is amazing. Job well done HQ for another year of greatness.
Being a first timer, I was so impressed with the organizational skill of the coordinators for this conference – everything – and I mean everything for me went off without a hitch – it was all so purrfect in every way. I learned so much, I enjoyed myself, I got to meet new women who shoot, and shoot for a purpose… it was just FANTASTIC!
No where will you get the training, exposure and trigger time for the money as you do at this conference. Just an outstanding job!!! Great selection of door prizes!! Can’t recommend this conference enough!! Being in Oklahoma, we have to figure out a way to get more of our gals committed to coming. Thank you both and your team for all you do. I heard so many positive comments about the whole experience. Gear Check!! Checking in!! Liked the meals & shirt included in the price!
The best part of conference was getting to know so many great people and learning so much information that would most likely take years to learn, all in a 4 day time span at a great location with so many nice people. Thanks Julianna and Robyn for everything you do to give us the best experiences of our lives!
This was my first AG & AG Conference, so I didn’t know what to expect. My local chapter had dissolved several months before conference, but I had such a great experience. Such a welcoming group, top notch instructors. Already looking forward to next year!
There is nowhere else on Earth where someone could get the caliber of training that I received. My head is still boggled. I don’t know how you guys manage to make conference better and better every year, but God Bless both of you for all your hard work!
I loved meeting you absolutely amazing gals, and the phenomenal instructors. Omg & AERIAL GUNNERY!!! Just everything was really great – but you gals and the instructors were the icing on the cake.
OH how can I even put it in words???? EVERYTHING WAS THE BEST! Truly not disappointed in anything. It was amazing, so much education. That old saying, “you don’t know what you don’t know until you know it” applied every step I took. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can come up with a BEST ~~~ I loved the demos, I love the camaraderie and meeting so, so many ladies, and I loved learning. Can we make it longer? LOL
I can’t think of one BEST part of conference… this was one of the highlights of my life! Everything in all was outstanding! I was so amazed at the sisterhood and instant friendships. There was not one rude person in this group.
The sisterhood…the compassion and understanding of everyone. The instruction is outstanding. This is an amazing event at an amazing price. Thank you!!
For me, it’s the education, the building of confidence, and the appreciation of the AG&AG organization. I always return home with a greater appreciation of my facilitator and with a deeper pride of being part of the league.
Our Annual AG & AG Training Conference is outside the city of Grand Junction, CO, at Cameo Shooting and Education Complex. All around you will enjoy breath-taking views of Colorado’s Western Slope.
About Grand Junction
Grand Junction is the seat of Mesa County, situated in what is known as Grand Valley that boasts a mild and enjoyable climate. We expect clear skies and temperatures in the 50s and 60s for Conference.
The area is Colorado’s fruit growing region that is famous for its wineries, breweries, and distilleries, with farm-to-table restaurants and culinary experiences. It is also the home of the Colorado National Monument, a National Park with breath-taking views and magnificent hiking, camping, rafting, and biking trails.
Perfect for a girls’ trip or family getaway before or after Conference!
2020 Speakers & Instructors
- Adam Winch is a veteran MP in the U.S. Army, Army Reserve, and Colorado National Guard, and former officer with the Grand Junction Police Department. He is the owner of Defenders USA, where Adam brings his unique combination of military and police expertise into the classroom and on the range for an engaging, thought-provoking learning experience to build both solid mental and physical skills into his students. He facilitates the learning process with true-to-life stories, interactive discussion, and hands-on exercises, all seasoned with a lot of humor.
- Alpha Landingham is the National Sales Director for MantisX, the state-of-the-art, rail-mounted training accessory and smartphone app. He has trained extensively with LE and military units in long range precision shooting, CQC, and breaching. Alpha is the former breaching Instructor with Dynamic Entry and subject matter expert in long range precision shooting for the Vista LE/Military team. He travels the country teaching the MantisX technology and helping shooters improve their speed and accuracy.
- Aqil Qadir is a former police officer, a government security contractor, and the founder and lead instructor of Citizens Safety Academy in Murfreesboro, TN. He is an NRA Training Counselor and is certified to teach several defensive disciplines to civilians, police, and armed guards. Aqil has earned instructor credentials from multiple organizations, including the NRA, Rangemaster, Yavapai Firearms Academy, Sabre Red, IALEFI, Defense Training International, SAFTD, and the States of Tennessee, North Carolina, and New York.
- Austin Proulx is an IDPA champion and member of the Wilson Combat Shooting Team. He is an avid hunter and outdoorsman. He competes and teaches at Cameo Shooting and Education Complex.
- Brian Quick has been in law enforcement for over 20 years and has been attached to a special operations team for 17 years. He has been a firearms instructor since 2005, and enjoys seeing shooters achieve new goals. Brian is very laid back, but takes training seriously. He firmly believes that you are the only one that limits your abilities.
- Caleb Causey is the owner and Director of Training for Lone Star Medics. He is a U.S. Army veteran, serving as a Combat Medic with the 82nd Airborne and in the ER of the 212 MASH. He also experience as a civilian Firefighter/EMT as well as a tactical medic with rescue dive teams and SWAT teams. Caleb is an American Heart Association’s BLS Instructor, Heartsaver Instructor, and Emergency Medical Services Instructor for the state of Texas.
- Craig McMichael is a member of the CZ-USA pro staff. He is a part-time shotgun instructor and sporting clays shooter/competitor. He is a NSCA Level I certified instructor and SCTP coach/instructor. He has made the NSCA All-American 20ga, 28ga and 410ga teams and Missouri State team multiple times.
- Craig Smith is a Special Operations field supervisor with Austin Travis Co. EMS, where he has served for the past 20 years. He is an instructor in a myriad of disciplines and holds instructor credentials with the Department of State Health and Human Services as well as the National Association of Emergency Medical Services Educators. Craig also serves as a Rescue Squad Officer with Texas Task Force 1 USAR and has made numerous local, state, and federal deployments.
- Dave Miller holds the Guinness World Record for The Most Sporting Clays Targets Shot in 1 hour. Dave smashed 3,653 clays – more than one per second for one hour straight! Dave is the Shotgun Product Manager & Pro-Shooter for premium gun manufacturer CZ-USA. He is respected as one of the most knowledgeable and skill shooters in the sporting clays & wingshooting community with a Master class title. He is also makes frequent appearances on CZ-USA’s Gun Dog TV and Scott Linden’s Wingshooting USA.
- Dean Cork is the owner of Crosswind Precision Marksmanship Academy, and teaches long-range rifle precision at Cameo. He was a Police Officer for a number of years doing SWAT, Tactics, and Firearms Instruction, and then worked as a government contractor as a Military Embedded Operator in Afghanistan and other areas. In his time off, Dean enjoys flying his plane and playing in the mountains.
- Dorcia Meador is the past-President of the Texas State Rifle Association, the first woman to hold the position. She is a retired Ft Worth police officer with 31 years of service at FWPD. The last 14 years she served as the department’s range master. Her expertise is called upon during the investigations of all officer-involved shootings, department weapon and equipment selection, and evaluation. Dorcia holds many state and national shooting titles to include the 5-time women’s NRA’s champion honors. She also holds 10 national records for policy pistol combat competitions. She is now retired and is teaching for Safariland Training Group and her own company Precision Pistol Training, LLC.
- Ed Prater is a shotgun instructor for CZ-USA Field Sports supporting demos throughout the country. He is a certified with the following instructor credentials: NSCA level 1, NSCA level 2, NRA level 2, ATA level 2, NSSA level 1, and 4H national instructor. Ed is an avid trapshooter and competitor. He is an Air Force veteran and Clemson alumnus.
- Edwin Walker is an Independent Program Attorney for U.S. Law Shield. He has aggressively defended his clients for over 25 years. He brings an experienced perspective to each case. He regularly advises lobbyists on firearms and self-defense issues, testifies in front of the Texas Legislature, and fights firearms restrictive ordinances. He is a self-defense rights attorney and vigilant watchman of constitutional rights.
- Gabby Franco is an Olympic champion, competitive shooter, firearms instructor, and TV personality. She is most widely known for being a contestant on the TV Show Top Shot Season Four and Top Shot All Stars. She has won gold and silver medals in many international shooting competitions. Gabby teaches firearms classes and offers seminars around the country to civilians, and local and national law enforcement agencies. She is a mom and proud Army wife.
- Janet Fife is a tactical sales representative for SureFire. She is an IDPA competitor, NRA Range Safety Officer, and NRA Instructor. Her training includes defensive pistol and rifle, along with wilderness survival training and Active Shooter training with local Police and Fire. Janet is an avid hunter and licensed wildlife rescue volunteer. She has worked as volunteer for Honored American Veterans Afield, a shooting industry-supported veterans’ charity, for over ten years.
- Jennifer Moriarty is a certified firearms instructor at SIG SAUER Academy and teaches a variety of basic and intermediate handgun courses. She is a full-time police officer, currently working as a Patrol Sergeant within her agency in southern NH. Jenn holds a bachelor’s degree in Sociology and is a certified Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Instructor, field training officer, crime scene photographer, ceremonial unit member, and oversees the departments Canine Unit.
- Jim Majoros is the owner of Viktor’s Legacy, which provides comprehensive gunsmithing services, including custom gun manufacturing, gun customization, gun restoration, and gun repair. Jim has been a gunsmith for over 40 years and has passed on his knowledge and craftsmanship to his children. Their 2,600 square foot facility is located in the Village of Fairport Harbor, Ohio, on the Lake Erie shore, at the mouth of the Grand River.
- John Murphy is the owner of FPF Training out of Northern Virginia. A former Marine, his life goal is to learn and help others face the challenges of the self-reliant armed citizen lifestyle. He teaches in a no-nonsense style that is accessible to everyone. He has trained under some of the most respected firearms instructors in the country, incorporating the best and most practical methods and techniques into his courses.
- Josh Crosby is a Law Enforcement firearm and tactics instructor with more than 20 years’ experience. He is currently a Texas police officer with a career spanning patrol, investigations, narcotics and training. He spent 2 years in the Middle East as a State Department contractor training soldiers and police officers on US tactics and skills. He holds certifications as a Police Firearms Instructor, Training Officer, Force on Force Instructor, as well as an instructor for hand to hand combat and knife fighting.
- Josh White is a U.S. Army Veteran, who now works as a Texas Peace Officer. He is a Firearms Instructor and TCOLE Instructor for the State of Texas. In addition to marksmanship and tactics, Josh is also a Force on Force Instructor and Defensive Tactics Instructor. He has a Double Brown belt in Shuri Ryu Karate and a Blue belt in Tae Kwon Do. He excels in scenario-based training for law enforcement and civilian self-defense. He is dedicated to paying forward the training he has received to his students whether its firearms, self-defense, or communication skills.
- Larry St. Clair is the owner and lead instructor at Martial Way Legacy. He is a competitor and instructor on a number of skills, including American Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Savate, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Bruce Lee’s Jeet Kune Do, and Filipino Martial Arts known as Kali, Escrima, and Arnis. Guro Larry also serves as an accountability coach and helps people set and achieve personal and fitness goals. He facilitates the AG & AG Push-Up Challenge.
- Lou Ann Hamblin proudly served the law enforcement profession for 22 years. For the last 20 years Lou Ann has specialized in training female officers and is a certified firearms and defensive tactics instructor in a variety of disciplines. She is a lead instructor for LouKa Tactical, a Team One Network adjunct instructor, Master Pistol Instructor through H&K, and a certified armorer for a number of weapon systems. She serves on the Board of Directors for IALEFI. She holds a Master’s degree in Human Performance Technology and Instructional Design from the University of Michigan.
- Mark Suchy is a Patrol Sergeant with the West Palm Beach Police Department, and has served at that agency for the past 27 years. Mark is currently in charge of the Field Training Program. He was a member of the S.W.A. T. Team for 15 years, serving as an Entry Team Member, Sniper, Sniper Team Leader and Sniper Team Instructor. Mark is a State of Florida and N.R.A. certified Firearms Instructor and an Adjunct Firearms Instructor for the West Palm Beach Police Department, specializing in basic and advanced tactical pistol and rifle instruction. Since 2008, Mark has also been a Firearms and Classroom Instructor at the Palm Beach State College Criminal Justice Institute.
- Mia Anstine is an outfitter, guide, hunter, mentor, firearms, and archery instructor. She is a staff writer for and guest contributor at various publications. She was the first American woman, and of Latin descent, to be featured on the cover of Field & Stream magazine (the August 2016 issue). As a public speaker Mia Anstine teaches and inspires others to get involved in outdoor activities. She teaches firearms safety and skills. She takes pride in guiding ladies and children for their first hunts. She’s hunted around the world and enjoys sharing her adventures with others.
- Michelle Cerino, aka Princess Gunslinger, is a sponsored competitive shooter and teaches alongside her husband Chris in their company, Cerino Consulting and Training Group. Michelle is a columnist and Managing and Social Media Editor of Women’s Outdoor News and freelance writer for a number of publications. Michelle encourages others to step out of the comforts of home and explore. For as Glinda, the Good Witch of the North once said, “You’ve always had the power … you just had to find it out for yourself.”
- Mike Ox is a full-time firearms instructor who has co-created several firearms training products, including Dry Fire Training Cards. His training is used by current and former special operations personnel, as well as numerous Federal and local law enforcement instructors. Ox has a passion for neurology and accelerated learning and specializes in training techniques that deliver optimal performance in extreme stress situations, but take minimal time and money to master.
- Patrick Kelley is a legendary competitive shooter and gun writer, who has earned numerous first-place finishes at major matches in 12 U.S. states and Canadian provinces. He is ranked Master Class in several shooting disciplines, is a member of the NRA 2600 Club, and was included in the USPSA’s Top 20 early in his career. Patrick’s articles, as well as photography, can be found in Shooting Illustrated, Outdoor Life, and 3 Gun Nation Magazine. His YouTube channel hosts the series “Patrick’s TacTricks,” which is produced in concert with the NRA.
- Rachel Maloney is a co-founder and instructor with OnSight Firearms Training. Through the years, she has been fortunate enough to train with top-tier firearms instructors, edged-weapon instructors, and martial arts instructors. Along with firearms, she is a dedicated martial artist and instructor, leading martial arts and self-defense courses since 2010. Taking to the range the skills learned from years of working with people of all ages, genders, and personalities to overcome in a physical confrontation, it’s her goal to see her students grow and learn the skills to be confident in their training with firearms.
- Stephannie Weidner is the CEO and one of the lead instructors at Active Self Protection. She holds instructor certifications from Rangemaster (earning a perfect score on the written test), the NRA, State of South Dakota Certified Use of Force Instructor, CRASE Instructor, verified graduate in the Law of Self Defense Instructor Course, as well as being the first certified Active Self Protection Instructor. She is a special needs mom, the grandma of two littles, and is passionate about helping women use guns and other tools to effectively defend themselves and those that they love.
- Stag Arms is a firearms manufacturer founded in May 2003 and now located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Stag Arms is a manufacturer of the AR-15 type rifle, marketed as Stag-15 rifles, as well as pistol-caliber carbines (PCCs).
- Tatiana Whitlock is a firearms instructor, hunter, and outdoors enthusiast. She is an NRA BPI, RSO and Refuse to Be a Victim instructor in addition to being a featured host & instructor on Trigger Time TV airing on the Wild and Pursuits Channels. Tatiana Whitlock is the Director of Training at Howell’s Indoor Range and Shooting Academy in Gray, Maine and is the National Director of Training for A Girl & A Gun Women’s Shooting League. She is a contributing author for numerous industry publications, the NRA Women’s Network and co-host of Civilian Carry Radio.
- Tiffany Johnson is a practicing attorney and teaches legal studies at the University of Memphis. After years of fearing guns, she started taking classes and changed her views. She now blogs about law, race, and modern (mis)perceptions on firearms through her website, Front Sight Press. Tiffany is an NRA Training Counselor and holds instructor certifications from the State of Tennessee, the State of Mississippi, the NRA (several disciplines), and Rangemaster (Advanced Instructor Certification). She is also certified as a Use of Deadly Force Instructor by the Massad Ayoob Group.
- Tina Perrone is an instructor for SIG SAUER Academy. She served as a trooper with the Connecticut State Police for 29 years. She is an assistant Safety and Survival Instructor and certified to teach Taser, Baton, Handcuffing, OC Spray, LOCKUP and Defensive Tactics. Tina is also a Simunition Scenario Instructor, an Active Shooter Instructor, Field Training Officer, and NRA Pistol Instructor. She is a P.O.S.T.C. certified instructor in all of the above and an NESPAC certified instructor in Baton, Handcuffing, and OC Spray. Tina is a black belt 1st degree in Tae Kwon Do and a Certified Krav Maga Instructor, as well as an instructor for Women’s Self Defense.
- Tracy Barnes is the co-founder and CEO of T.O.P. Shooting Institute, founder of Check Outside and is an Olympian in the sport of Biathlon (cross-country skiing & rifle marksmanship). Tracy has 25 years of competitive shooting experience in both precision long gun, shooting with an elevated heart rate and under stress, and 3 gun. She has over 15 years of experience as a civilian shooting instructor and has taught courses all over the country.
- Vicki Farnam has been teaching firearms for over 25 years with her husband, John Farnam. She is an accomplished Instructor (for civilians and mil/leo) and author. Vicki has also taught for the U.S. Marine Corps; at numerous women’s defensive shooting training conferences; at local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and academies; and at both the ILEETA and ILEFAI annual conferences.
- Willie Parent is the Director of Training for GLOCK Professional and GSSF. He spent 17 years on active duty in the Marine Corps with assignments in infantry, Force Recon, Special Operations, and as an instructor in explosive breaching, CQB, and Urban Sniping. Willie is an accomplished competition shooter and continues to stay active in training the law enforcement community and instructor development as part of his role at GLOCK.
Thank you to the following supporters for providing funds and/or donations to make this event possible:
- SIG SAUER
- Stag Arms
- Charter Arms
- U.S. and Texas LawShield
- Gun Tote’n Mamas
- SSP Eyewear
- AG & AG Store
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Once a year we bring all of our members together in one location. Here is your chance to put your brand name in front of them, in our conference photos, and on merchandise that they take home. Learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities.
Cancellations and Refunds
Life happens and sometimes last-minute situations arise that can prevent you from attending Conference; however as time goes on, facilities, vendors, and service providers have been paid. Therefore, a $50 administrative fee will be charged for any cancellation before 1/31/2020. After 2/1/2020, 50% refunds will be issued. After 3/15/2020, there will be no refunds for event registration fees, bonus sessions, or event-related merchandise if you discover that you are unable to attend. Registrations may be transferred, at no charge, to another participant, and AG & AG will be happy to try to help you find someone who may want to pay you for your spot.