National Conference • April 30 – May 3, 2020
Join us in the beautiful Rocky Mountains for the EVENT OF THE YEAR! This is your chance to gather with more than 400 other AG & AG members from around the country! Attend training sessions with top instructors, get motivated by speakers, and meet innovative vendors and sponsors. Come and join us for a weekend full of women shooters looking to do three simple things: LIVE, LOVE, SHOOT! Here are just some of the many topics covered:
- Competitive Shooting Sports
- Concealed Carry & Personal Defense
- Personal Safety Strategies
- Beginner to Advanced Courses
- Second Amendment Rights
- Live-Fire Instruction
- Simulated Training
- Hands-On “How To” Clinics
- Product Demonstrations
- Vendor Retail Village
What You Can Expect
Training sessions include live-fire instruction at the range in pistol, rifle, & shotgun. Simulated training sessions cover everything from the basics of firearms safety and marksmanship as well as sessions to teach you how to effectively use gear and equipment for personal defense and/or shooting sports. PLUS, participants hear from speakers on relevant topics for women on education, recreation, and competition in today’s shooting world.
4/27/20: Leadership Development (Part 1)
4/28/20: Leadership Development (Part 2)
4/29/20: Early Bird Lecture Day (optional)
4/30/20: Registration Check-In/Gear Check, Range Demos, Retail Village
5/1/20: Training Sessions 1 & 2
5/2/20: Training Sessions 3 & 4
5/3/20: Training Sessions 5 & 6, Farewell
Attendees can upgrade Session 6 to Heli Gunner or add a Bonus Session on Monday 5/4/20 for Heli Gunner, a private lesson, or other excursion. Details will be published in the Catalog in February 2020.
The sisterhood…the compassion and understanding of everyone. The instruction is outstanding. This is an amazing event at an amazing price. Thank you!!
No where will you get the training, exposure and trigger time for the money as you do at this conference. Just an outstanding job!!! Great selection of door prizes!! Can’t recommend this conference enough!! Being in Oklahoma, we have to figure out a way to get more of our gals committed to coming. Thank you both and your team for all you do. I heard so many positive comments about the whole experience. Gear Check!! Checking in!! Liked the meals & shirt included in the price!
For me, it’s the education, the building of confidence, and the appreciation of the AG&AG organization. I always return home with a greater appreciation of my facilitator and with a deeper pride of being part of the league.
I can’t think of one BEST part of conference… this was one of the highlights of my life! Everything in all was outstanding! I was so amazed at the sisterhood and instant friendships. There was not one rude person in this group.
Being a first timer, I was so impressed with the organizational skill of the coordinators for this conference – everything – and I mean everything for me went off without a hitch – it was all so purrfect in every way. I learned so much, I enjoyed myself, I got to meet new women who shoot, and shoot for a purpose… it was just FANTASTIC!
OH how can I even put it in words???? EVERYTHING WAS THE BEST! Truly not disappointed in anything. It was amazing, so much education. That old saying, “you don’t know what you don’t know until you know it” applied every step I took. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can come up with a BEST ~~~ I loved the demos, I love the camaraderie and meeting so, so many ladies, and I loved learning. Can we make it longer? LOL
There is nowhere else on Earth where someone could get the caliber of training that I received. My head is still boggled. I don’t know how you guys manage to make conference better and better every year, but God Bless both of you for all your hard work!
This was my first AG & AG Conference, so I didn’t know what to expect. My local chapter had dissolved several months before conference, but I had such a great experience. Such a welcoming group, top notch instructors. Already looking forward to next year!
I was blown away at the quality of instruction-maybe not everyone was a perfect instructor but overall it was really good. You just can’t beat that for the price.
THANK YOU is not enough for the staff that puts this all together! My love and respect for AG & AG is so strong. Events like this are so needed for us to continue to learn and grow in this sport and the quality of instruction that is put together is amazing. Job well done HQ for another year of greatness.
The best part of conference was getting to know so many great people and learning so much information that would most likely take years to learn, all in a 4 day time span at a great location with so many nice people. Thanks Julianna and Robyn for everything you do to give us the best experiences of our lives!
I loved meeting you absolutely amazing gals, and the phenomenal instructors. Omg & AERIAL GUNNERY!!! Just everything was really great – but you gals and the instructors were the icing on the cake.
Our Annual AG & AG Training Conference is outside the city of Grand Junction, CO, at Cameo Shooting and Education Complex. All around you will enjoy breath-taking views of Colorado’s Western Slope.
About Grand Junction
Grand Junction is the seat of Mesa County, situated in what is known as Grand Valley that boasts a mild and enjoyable climate. We expect clear skies and temperatures in the 50s and 60s for Conference.
The area is Colorado’s fruit growing region that is famous for its wineries, breweries, and distilleries, with farm-to-table restaurants and culinary experiences. It is also the home of the Colorado National Monument, a National Park with breath-taking views and magnificent hiking, camping, rafting, and biking trails.
Perfect for a girls’ trip or family getaway before or after Conference!
2019 Speakers & Instructors
- Andy Bell is the CEO of Range Proof and oversees its elite line of quality rifles, riflescopes, and accessories. Andy is a veteran, father, grandfather, avid shooter, and firearms instructor. He splits his time between working, teaching marksmanship courses, and finding his peace at a fire or a stream. Andy likes dogs more than people, thinks Lonesome Dove is the greatest movie ever made, and daydreams about being born in the Wild West.
- Anna Taylor is the founder and CEO of Dene Adams innovative concealed carry holsters. She an NRA and USCCA certified firearms instructor, an NRA Refuse to be a Victim instructor, and Range safety Officer. She has taken advanced defensive pistol instruction from the SIG SAUER Academy, MALC Training Institute, Suarez International, CTT Solutions, Forward Movement training, among others. Known for her ability to conceal a small arsenal, Anna teaches from a practical and relevant stance. She is a wife and mother to 7 children.
- Austin Davis is a dynamic speaker, educator, and instructor. He is a former Texas Peace Officer with more than 25 years’ experience training law enforcement, corporations, and individuals in a variety of crime and crime prevention topics. He is the owner of Kangaroo Carry and founder of Virtual Tactical Academy. He is a Texas License to Carry Instructor, Director of Training and Education for Texas Concealed Handgun Association, and presented for U.S. Law Shield. With a background as a professional stand-up comedian, Austin brings humor to serious subjects.
- Aqil Qadir is a former police officer, a government security contractor, and the founder and lead instructor of Citizens Safety Academy in Murfreesboro, TN. He is an NRA Training Counselor and is certified to teach several defensive disciplines to civilians, police, and armed guards. Aqil has earned instructor credentials from multiple organizations, including the NRA, Rangemaster, Yavapai Firearms Academy, Sabre Red, IALEFI, Defense Training International, SAFTD, and the States of Tennessee, North Carolina, and New York.
- Brian Quick is returning to Conference to share his take on firearms training, which is based on real-world and competition failures and successes. Brian, a U.S. Army Veteran, is a full-time firearms instructor and SWAT law enforcement officer, who plans and operates high-risk warrants as well as other special operations. His desire is to guide you on a path to help you achieve your goals. Brian has a simple outlook on training and life: “Be Better Than Yesterday.” He believes you can achieve anything and never let anyone tell you, “you can’t.” Above all things Brian is a husband and father of two amazing boys.
- Caleb Causey is the owner and Director of Training for Lone Star Medics. He is a U.S. Army veteran, serving as a Combat Medic with the 82nd Airborne and in the ER of the 212 MASH. He also experience as a civilian Firefighter/EMT as well as a tactical medic with rescue dive teams and SWAT teams. Caleb is an American Heart Association’s BLS Instructor, Heartsaver Instructor, and Emergency Medical Services Instructor for the state of Texas.
- Craig Smith is a Special Operations field supervisor with Austin Travis Co. EMS, where he has served for the past 20 years. He is an instructor in a myriad of disciplines and holds instructor credentials with the Department of State Health and Human Services as well as the National Association of Emergency Medical Services Educators. Craig also serves as a Rescue Squad Officer with Texas Task Force 1 USAR and has made numerous local, state, and federal deployments.
- Darryl Bolke retired from law enforcement as a Sr. Corporal after 19.5 years due to injuries sustained during a violent on-duty confrontation. He was the lead firearms instructor and Armorer for the Special Weapons and Tactics Team, and the primary instructor for his agency as well as the fire department Bomb Squad and Arson investigators. He is also the Unconventional Weapons editor for Surefire’s Combat Tactics magazine and has published international numerous articles on firearms, edged weapons, and related equipment. He has also authored numerous California P.O.S.T. certified classes.
- “Super Dave” Harrington is internationally recognized as a “Tier 1 Instructor.” A veteran of the U.S. Army Special Forces (Green Beret), he spent his 23-year military career in anti- and counter-terrorism roles in the 1st & 3rd Special Forces Groups and instructional positions at the U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center & Schools at Fort Bragg, NC. Super Dave also holds Master Class qualifications in both USPSA and IDPA, and has been sponsored by a number of leading brands in the industry.
- Dave Miller holds the Guinness World Record for The Most Sporting Clays Targets Shot in 1 hour. Dave smashed 3,653 clays – more than one per second for one hour straight! Dave is the Shotgun Product Manager & Pro-Shooter for premium gun manufacturer CZ-USA. He is respected as one of the most knowledgeable and skill shooters in the sporting clays & wingshooting community with a Master class title. He is also makes frequent appearances on CZ-USA’s Gun Dog TV and Scott Linden’s Wingshooting USA.
- Dianna Muller is a two-time national 3-gun champion. She is a 22-year veteran of the Tulsa Police Department serving assignments in Narcotics, Gangs, Street Crimes, and Patrol. She is a CLEET law enforcement firearms instructor, a member of the NRA Law Enforcement committee, and a subcommittee member of the Department of Interior Hunting and Shooting Sports Conservation Council. Dianna is the Founder of The DC Project. She is a host of the Shooting Gallery on the Outdoor Channel.
- Dorcia Meador is the President of the Texas State Rifle Association, the first woman to hold the position. She is a retired Ft Worth police officer with 31 years of service at FWPD. The last 14 years she served as the department’s range master. Her expertise is called upon during the investigations of all officer-involved shootings, department weapon and equipment selection, and evaluation. Dorcia holds many state and national shooting titles to include the 5-time women’s NRA’s champion honors. She also holds 10 national records for policy pistol combat competitions.
- Emily Taylor is an attorney and frequent lecturer/instructor to both law enforcement officials and civilians on firearms-carry laws and the use of force and deadly force. She is a frequent contributor to Fox news affiliates and other media outlets on issues of firearms law, and has been cited as an authority on firearms law in national publications. She prides herself on providing attentive, aggressive criminal defense for clients in misdemeanor and felony cases. She provides an insider’s perspective into the Texas criminal justice system, particularly into cases involving gun owners and claims of self-defense.
- Gabby Franco is an Olympic champion, competitive shooter, firearms instructor, and TV personality. She is most widely known for being a contestant on the TV Show Top Shot Season Four and Top Shot All Stars. She has won gold and silver medals in many international shooting competitions. Gabby teaches firearms classes and offers seminars around the country to civilians, and local and national law enforcement agencies. She is a mom and proud Army wife.
- Heather Eckert is the owner of E4Defense, LLC, which provides firearms, DT, and mental preparedness training for law enforcement departments, private security companies, and civilians. Heather holds multiple certifications, including Master Firearms Instructor in Shotgun, Patrol Rifle, and Handgun; RBT/Force on Force; and Specialty Training Certifications. She is an active member of ILEETA, IALEFI® and IAWP, and is a Texas DPS PSB Level III Instructor.
- Jenn Moriarty is certified firearms instructor through the SIG SAUER Academy and teaches a variety of basic and intermediate handgun courses. She is a full-time police officer, currently working as a Patrol Sergeant within her agency in southern NH. Jenn holds a bachelor’s degree in Sociology and is a certified Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Instructor, field training officer, crime scene photographer, ceremonial unit member, and oversees the departments Canine Unit.
- Jim Delahanty is a Senior Instructor and the Southwest Regional Coordinator for Project Appleseed, a national non-profit dedicated to teaching and preserving the heritage of exceptional American Marksmanship. He is an NRA Training Counselor and Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun instructor, a Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor, and an avid smallbore and pistol shooter.
- John Kochan is an expert on emergency preparedness and response. He has served as Assistant Chief, Firefighter, EMT, Industrial HazMat Technician in one form or another since 1980. He has been an instructor at KR Training teaching firearms safety and self-defense classes since 1997, teaching everything from NRA basic classes to full-speed force-on-force role-playing scenarios, including preparedness classes, such as alternate lighting and power sources, and Chainsaw 101.
- John Meyer is President of Team One Network, LLC, which tests, evaluates, trains and markets products to the LE community as related to officer survival. John spent 15 years with Heckler & Koch, Inc., ultimately rising to the position of Vice President of Sales and International Training. He was a member of the Board Directors of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors (IALEFI) from 1988 to 2018 and served as Vice President from 1990-2016. John is a recipient of the Charlie Smith IALEFI Award of Merit.
- Josh Crosby is the lead instructor for Texas Women’s Combat Systems, as well as a full-time LEO in Texas with over 18 years in law enforcement and 20 years as a women’s self-defense instructor. Josh holds TCOLE certifications as a police instructor, field training officer and firearms instructor. He has trained soldiers and police officers in 4 different countries in firearms, edged weapons and hand to hand combat.
- Detective Josh White is a U.S. Army Veteran, who now works as a Texas Peace Officer. He is a Firearms Instructor and TCOLE Instructor for the State of Texas. In addition to marksmanship and tactics, Josh is also a Force on Force Instructor and Defensive Tactics Instructor. He has a Double Brown belt in Shuri Ryu Karate and a Blue belt in Tae Kwon Do. He excels in scenario-based training for law enforcement and civilian self-defense. He is dedicated to paying forward the training he has received to his students whether its firearms, self-defense, or communication skills.
- Karl Rehn is the owner of KR Training, Central Texas’ oldest, largest firearms training academy. He is a trainer, range owner, instructor team leader, researcher, and blogger, as well as a graduate of more than 2500 hours of training from more than 50 different national and world level instructors. Karl holds Grand Master in 4 USPSA divisions. He is an NRA Training Counselor, NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, graduate of the Rangemaster Advanced Instructor course, and certified as an instructor by Texas DPS, Texas Commission on Law Enforcement and the Department of Homeland Security.
- Larry St. Clair is the owner and lead instructor at Martial Way Legacy. He is a competitor and instructor on a number of skills, including American Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Savate, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Bruce Lee’s Jeet Kune Do, and Filipino Martial Arts known as Kali, Escrima, and Arnis. Guro Larry also serves as an accountability coach and helps people set and achieve personal and fitness goals. He facilitates the AG & AG Push-Up Challenge.
- LifeLite is a nonlethal projectile-launching tactical light from the PepperBall of United Tactical Systems. The product combines a LED flashlight with a CO2 launcher that propels a round containing 2.0% PAVA from as far as 60 feet away. The instructor cadre travels throughout the U.S. teaching law enforcement, military, and civilian tactics in a variety of applications.
- Lou Ann Hamblin proudly served the law enforcement profession for 22 years. For the last 20 years Lou Ann has specialized in training female officers and is a certified firearms and defensive tactics instructor in a variety of disciplines. She is a Team One Network adjunct instructor, Master Pistol Instructor through H&K, and a certified armorer for a number of weapon systems. She serves on the Board of Directors for IALEFI. She holds a Master’s degree in Human Performance Technology and Instructional Design from the University of Michigan.
- Mandy Bachman is a pro shooter for the Wilson Combat Shooting Team. She one of the few females to make Master Class in IDPA. Mandy’s primary firearm is a Wilson Combat CQB Elite in 9mm. In addition to her very full competition schedule, Bachman teaches defensive handgun classes with Wilson Combat founder Bill Wilson and works full-time for IDPA.
- Michelle Cerino, aka Princess Gunslinger, is a sponsored competitive shooter and teaches alongside her husband Chris in their company, Cerino Consulting and Training Group. Michelle is a columnist and Managing and Social Media Editor of Women’s Outdoor News and freelance writer for a number of publications. Michelle encourages others to step out of the comforts of home and explore. For as Glinda, the Good Witch of the North once said, “You’ve always had the power … you just had to find it out for yourself.”
- Mike “Ox” Oxner is a full-time firearms instructor who has co-created several firearms training products, including Dry Fire Training Cards. His training is used by current and former special operations personnel, as well as numerous Federal and local law enforcement instructors. Ox has a passion for neurology and accelerated learning and specializes in training techniques that deliver optimal performance in extreme stress situations, but take minimal time and money to master.
- Chief Deputy Mike Pendley has served with multiple county, state, and federal task forces as well as on high risk entry teams. He was his agency’s Range Master and Training Coordinator, and then founded Hex Tactical Solutions to provide training that is crucial to personal protection and survival for first responders, military, and civilians. Mike offers an engaging, ego-free training environment with an emphasis on safety and goal-oriented performance improvement. Mike is dedicated to enhancing shooting skills as well as improving confidence in high-pressure situations.
- Patrick Kelley is a legendary competitive shooter and outdoorsman, who has earned numerous first-place finishes at major matches in 12 U.S. states and Canadian provinces. He is ranked Master Class in several shooting disciplines, is a member of the NRA 2600 Club, and was included in the USPSA’s Top 20 early in his career. Patrick’s articles, as well as photography, can be found in Shooting Illustrated, Outdoor Life, and 3 Gun Nation Magazine. His YouTube channel hosts the series “Patrick’s TacTricks,” which is produced in concert with the NRA.
- Ryan Muller a full-time hunter and competitive shooter…the outdoors is not only what he does, but it is his way of life. An engineer by profession, Ryan is a lifetime member of the NRA, certified firearms instructor, and has competed on the 3-Gun Nation Pro Series circuit. Ryan has been featured on National TV shows such as ‘Shooting Gallery’, ‘Realtree’, The Sportsman’s Channel, Shooting USA, ‘MOJO Outdoors’, ‘The American Marksman’, and ‘The Big Gun: Season 2’.
- Spencer Keepers is a nationally recognized firearms instructor and holster maker. He is one of only 11 Handgun Masters though Rangemaster, and Instructor through Will Andrews, OK Shooting Skills Advanced Instructor though John Farnam Defensive Training International, and NRA. Spencer is a graduate of some of the world’s best handgun, carbine, shotgun, force-on-force and hand-to-hand classes in the world. He has well over 1,500 hours of professional firearms training from the world’s best civilian, law enforcement, military, and competition shooters and instructors.
- Stag Arms is a firearms manufacturer founded in May 2003 and located in New Britain, Connecticut. Stag Arms is a manufacturer of the AR-15 type rifle, marketed as Stag-15 rifles, as well as pistol-caliber carbines (PCCs).
- Tatiana Whitlock is the AG & AG Director of Training, a mother of two, nationally recognized firearms instructor, and SME writer for a variety of firearms related publications. She is a proud member of the NRA ad NRA New Energy program of the NRA Women’s Network and is a featured instructor on Trigger Time TV and Panteao Productions as well as being a member of Maine Hunters Pro-Staff. She is the Director of Training at Howell’s Gun Shop in Gray Maine, and COO of GAT Marketing. Tatiana offers training programs across the country for beginner and intermediate level students looking to build a foundation of skills for home and self-defense.
- Texas Office of the Attorney General (OAG) Law Enforcement Division firearms instructor’s training cadre have extensive experience in law enforcement, criminal investigations, firearms, tactics, and training. These instructors have had thousands of hours in various law enforcement training topics. Our training cadre are certified law enforcement instructors and firearms instructors recognized by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
- Tiffany Johnson is a practicing attorney and teaches legal studies at the University of Memphis. After years of fearing guns, she started taking classes and changed her views. She now blogs about law, race, and modern (mis)perceptions on firearms through her website, Front Sight Press. Tiffany is an NRA Training Counselor and holds instructor certifications from the State of Tennessee, the State of Mississippi, the NRA (several disciplines), and Rangemaster (Advanced Instructor Certification). She is also certified as a Use of Deadly Force Instructor by the Massad Ayoob Group.
- Tina Martin is the owner of Shield Maiden Defense, Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor for the state of North Carolina, NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, and Facilitator for the AG & AG Jacksonville, NC chapter. A former scientist and wetland biologist, she is now an avid 3-gun and precision rifle competitor, full-time high school biology and chemistry teacher, and mother of three.
- Tina Perrone is an instructor for SIG SAUER Academy. She served as a trooper with the Connecticut State Police for 29 years. She is an assistant Safety and Survival Instructor and certified to teach Taser, Baton, Handcuffing, OC Spray, LOCKUP and Defensive Tactics. Tina is also a Simunition Scenario Instructor, an Active Shooter Instructor, Field Training Officer, and NRA Pistol Instructor. She is a P.O.S.T.C. certified instructor in all of the above and an NESPAC certified instructor in Baton, Handcuffing, and OC Spray. Tina is a black belt 1st degree in Tae Kwon Do and a Certified Krav Maga Instructor, as well as an instructor for Women’s Self Defense.
- Tracy Barnes is an Olympian in the sport of Biathlon (cross-country skiing & rifle marksmanship) and Founder/CEO of Check Outside. Tracy has 20 years of competitive shooting experience in both precision long gun and shooting with an elevated heart rate and under stress. She has over 10 years of experience as a competitive shooting instructor and has taught courses all over the country. Tracy has been competing on an international and world cup level in biathlon for over 15 years.
- Tracy Thronburg is an assistant instructor with KR Training and a staff instructor for the Massad Ayoob Group. She has completed the Rangemaster Advanced Instructor and the Massad Ayoob Group Deadly Force Instructor courses. Tracy holds numerous instructor certifications from the NRA and is an NRA chief range safety officer. She is certified by the State of Texas as a license-to-carry instructor and is a certified handgun retention and disarming instructor and Persuader/Kubotan® instructor.
- Vicki Farnam has been teaching firearms for over 25 years with her husband, John Farnam. In addition to teaching numerous women’s courses, Vicki specializes in teaching male firearms instructors how to teach women to shoot. In 2003, she co-authored her first book Women Learning to Shoot and shortly there after co-authored her second book Teaching Women to Shoot. She is an instructor for both civilians and mil/leo. Vicki has also taught for the U.S. Marine Corps at numerous women’s defensive shooting training conferences and at both the ILEETA and ILEFAI annual conferences.
Thank you to the following supporters for providing funds and/or donations to make this event possible:
- Quarter Circle 10
- Stag Arms
- Troy Industries
- Charter Arms
- Bond Arms
- U.S. and Texas LawShield
- Gun Tote’n Mamas
- The Pew Pew Jew
- Hell-Bent Holsters
- Ben Stoeger’s Pro Shop
- Range Allies Ear Protection
- Young Living Essential Oils
- SSP Eyewear
- AG & AG Store
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Once a year we bring all of our members together in one location. Here is your chance to put your brand name in front of them, in our conference photos, and on merchandise that they take home. Learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities.
Cancellations and Refunds
Life happens and sometimes last-minute situations arise that can prevent you from attending Conference; however as time goes on, facilities, vendors, and service providers have been paid. Therefore, a $50 administrative fee will be charged for any cancellation before 1/31/2020. After 2/1/2020, 50% refunds will be issued. After 3/15/2020, there will be no refunds for event registration fees, bonus sessions, or event-related merchandise if you discover that you are unable to attend. Registrations may be transferred, at no charge, to another participant, and AG & AG will be happy to try to help you find someone who may want to pay you for your spot.