All Levels Welcome
3-Gun University is unlike any other event in the industry. Taking place March 17-19, 2017, at the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park, this event will allow competitors the opportunity to work on the fundamental skills needed to be a successful 3Gun competitor. Competitors will then run stages with dry-fire training, to make mental preparations, plan reloads, and hone strategies for success. Competitors will be able to discuss techniques and options that best fit each shooter with a coach before running the stage for a score. Specific coursework on the pistol, shotgun and rifle will be covered in a hands on type of format with the goal of maximizing your knowledge and skills. On day three, competitors will run a 4 stage match putting their new skills to the test.
• Shooters will need to bring their own rifle, pistol, and shotgun, as well as ammunition. Loaner guns and equipment will be available if requested prior to the event.
• After registration, you will begin getting email/Facebook tips to help you prepare, how to create strategies for a stage, and more! The event will be run like a regular “outlaw” 3-Gun match, but unlike a regular match you will have spent extra time on the stages in your coursework. You will also be given tips and options to help you improve your shooting and learn how to strategize a stage to your advantage. Coaches will be at every stage to answer questions and help you make it through the stages safely, efficiently, and have fun doing it.
Mark Passamaneck is a mechanical engineer who works in the forensic engineering industry. Partly due to his job and partly due to his personality, he tends to be critical and analytical. If it has a trigger and a goal, it is good. While he mainly focuses on 3 Gun, he also shoots single-gun matches of several varieties. He has trained well over 5,000 students from CCW to cold weather Precision rifle, and just about everything in between. He is an avid hunter, Range Officer, and Range Master in different shootings sports.
On a desktop computer: Click on the ‘Register’ tab, above.
On a mobile device: Click on the ‘Event Details’ dropdown above, and select ‘Register’.
March 17-19, 2017
Limited to 80 participants. Minimum of 20 to hold the event.
We understand that life happens and sometimes you have to cancel after purchase. Unfortunately there are costs at HQ for processing registrations and deposits, so we have to cover those costs. Therefore, here is our refund structure:
Before Dec 1st: 85% refund
Dec 2nd – Jan 31st: 50% refund
After Feb 1st: No refund given ($0)
3GU is the only competitors training match in the country offering coaching while you shoot for score. Fri & Sat sessions will have mock stages with skills and drills to perfect your match experience. Sunday we will run a 4 stage match with extend stage brief and strategy.
Who Should Attend?
Freshman– No competition experience at all, familiar and safe with firearms
We will start from the very beginning, explaining range commands, how to move safely through a stage, scoring and rules, match etiquette, gear familiarization,
Sophomore– Competition experience, but no experience with 3gun formats
For those who are already shooting pistol matches and ready to move into two or three gun matches, class will take you through stage planning, how to safely transition firearms, skill building for pistol, rifle and shotgun including speed, accuracy and moving targets, and gear assessment.
Junior– 3-gun match experience, including the classes of 2015 & 2016 3GU
We will push your limits, test your skills and challenge you to step up your game. Are you finishing below the top 25% and need to break some barriers? This is your year.
Senior– Class of 2018.
Registration & Orientation
• Thursday March 16th Noon-5:00pm classmates can check in at the range, tour the grounds and check out equipment as needed.
• All participants are required to attend orientation at the range at 5:30pm. We will introduce our teaching staff and discuss important information for the weekend’s agenda.
• Safety Brief- 8:00 am
• Session 1- 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
• Lunch- 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm – Lunch is served at the range; we will do our best to work with dietary requests. A menu will be made available 30 days prior to event.
• Session 2- 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm (immediately following range clean up and reset fort he follow day, all participants are expected to help)
• 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm – Daily announcements and instructions for Saturday
• Safety Brief- 8:00am
• Session 3 8:30-12:00pm
• Lunch 12:00-1:00pm
• Session 4 1:00-4:00pm
• Session 5- 5:00-6:00pm Lecture TBA
• Safety Brief 8am
• Match 9:00am-1:00pm
• Loaner equipment return 1:00-3:00pm
• Dinner 4:00pm
As the schedule allows we will have 1-2 side matches hosted by event sponsors.
About CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park
The new CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park is one of the most advanced outdoor facilities in the world – unlike any other. Boasting the latest technological advances in the realm of marksmanship, it is a must-see destination for firearm enthusiasts across the country. The park will be open to the public, year round, offering many opportunities to marksmen of all ages.
- Birmingham AL, 1-hour commute to location.
- Atlanta, GA, 2-hour commute to location
We have room blocks at four hotels about 20 miles east of the range. This area is convenient to restaurants and good amenities.
Holiday Inn Express
160 Colonial Dr., Oxford AL 36203
$94/night + tax
Mention A Girl & A Gun
210 Colonia Dr., Oxford AL 36203
$94/night + tax
Mention A Girl & A Gun
America’s Best Value Inn
3 Recreation Dr., Oxford AL 36203
$55/night + tax
Ask Sam to change reservation from “Wendy Hayes” to participant’s name.
Thank you to the following supporters for providing funds and/or donations to make this event possible:
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Here is your chance to put your brand name in front of them, in our event photos, and on merchandise that they take home. Learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities. [/tab]